PDA

View Full Version : A first for me... Im pissed!

Arty
06-13-2016, 07:23 AM
Took the lovely bride out to Wendy's last night to get a frosty.
Drive thru kid says "your card declined". I know there is MORE than enough in my checking account to cover a $2 frosty, so I say "try again". He did, and it was still declined. So, I use another card (thank goodness I had another with me!)

I get home and log in to my checking account.

Apparently I spent $1,028 at target and food lion on Saturday. 5 different transactions, all just over $200 a piece.

There's still a pretty decent balance in the account but apparently the credit union knows something is up. They obviously flagged it and that's why it was declined at Wendy's.

So now when they open this morning I've gotta take time outta my day to straighten this out - and hopefully get my money back!!

My wife and I have both of our cards... We didn't lose them, so we must have been skimmed somewhere.

What a pain in the ass!

Thumper
06-13-2016, 07:27 AM
Been there, done that ... and it sucks big weenies! Good luck.

jb
06-13-2016, 08:20 AM
A few years ago when my wife got her CC invoice and opened it all I heard was "Holy Shit !"
Seems like someone had charged two first class airline tickets to England for about $2,800.
Quick call to the CC card company got her a new card, they sent us a form to fill out and told her not to pay the bill until they get it straightened out.
Took about two weeks.
She only uses the CC locally, so it was someone in town who sold the number and who knows what happens after that.
I've had Cabela's call me twice on transactions that didn't look right, both were OK but thanked them anyway.
Now when ever we go on a trip I'll call Cabela's and let them know where we are going, what states we'll travel through and the days we'll be gone.
I think I have $1000 coverage on my Home Owners Policy for CC forgery.

Arty
06-13-2016, 08:24 AM
I just talked to the credit union and these were all local charges... And we're "swipe transactions". Meaning they had a physical card in hand.
But it wasn't mine or my wife's. Guy said it happens all the time.

There was also 3 other attempts the same day for another $700 total... That was declined because they had figured out by then that it was a scam.

BarryBobPosthole
06-13-2016, 09:39 AM
You're only liable for the first fifty bucks.

And ask Hombre. Same thing happened to him and they had the guy on security camera using his card and I don't think they ever pressed charges.

BKB

Thumper
06-13-2016, 10:06 AM
I use AmEx for EVERYTHING ... unless they don't accept it. The only place we'd been in a few months that didn't take AmEx was our local Dollar General store (they had a sale on something we stopped to pick up). Anyway, we used our Visa and that's the ONLY place we'd used it in ages. Next thing I knew, I had two charges on my Visa card for cell phone minutes within a few days of our using the card. The first was for about $25 I think, then was immediately followed by something like $250 worth of minutes. The charges were made in Puerto Rico! I told the Visa fraud department it HAD to have happened at that Dollar General store because it's the only place we'd used the card. I wasn't charged anything, but I never heard another word about it. I assume they simply wrote it off ... who knows?

BarryBobPosthole
06-13-2016, 10:40 AM
We went to Aruba in like 1999 and someone used our card in France. Odd thing was it was used to buy a couple hundred pairs of shoes at two different stores. Who the fuck walks into a place and buys a hundred pairs of shoes without arousing suspicion? I figured it was a scam within a scam. Didn't cost me a penny.

BKB

HideHunter
06-13-2016, 10:45 AM
We have the Cabela Visa. Few months ago, they informed us our account had been compromised. Amazing part was they caught it on the first two transactions. Guess it is regular practice to "try" the card on a small purchase.. when they find out it is active - they go for it, or sell it. Took us a couple weeks but they got us a new account. I've used mine for odd-ball stuff all over the country. Don't know what threw up a red flag - but glad it did.

Captain
06-13-2016, 05:57 PM
Took the lovely bride out to Wendy's last night to get a frosty. Drive thru kid says "your card declined". I know there is MORE than enough in my checking account to cover a $2 frosty, so I say "try again". He did, and it was still declined. So, I use another card (thank goodness I had another with me!) I get home and log in to my checking account. Apparently I spent $1,028 at target and food lion on Saturday. 5 different transactions, all just over $200 a piece. There's still a pretty decent balance in the account but apparently the credit union knows something is up. They obviously flagged it and that's why it was declined at Wendy's. So now when they open this morning I've gotta take time outta my day to straighten this out - and hopefully get my money back!! My wife and I have both of our cards... We didn't lose them, so we must have been skimmed somewhere. What a pain in the ass!

If they had only known to charge huge amounts of Spandex they could have cleaned you out before anyone would have noticed. :D

BarryBobPosthole
06-13-2016, 06:00 PM
Captain, huge amounts of spandex and Artie go together like peas and carrots
(But I'm actually envious of the shape he's getting in but don't tell him that)
BKB

Thumper
06-13-2016, 06:01 PM
But, what shape is he in without the Spandex? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
06-13-2016, 06:03 PM
Pear comes to mind.

Arty
06-13-2016, 07:22 PM
If they had only known to charge huge amounts of Spandex they could have cleaned you out before anyone would have noticed. :D
Good thing I keep a stool in my truck. You gonna need it next time I see you

Arty
06-13-2016, 07:22 PM
But, what shape is he in without the Spandex? ;)
Avocado

A VERY ripe one.

airbud7
06-13-2016, 07:35 PM
Avocado

A VERY ripe one.

Avocado?/wtf.....If I wore spandex people would call it a big polish sausage...;)

BarryBobPosthole
06-13-2016, 08:48 PM
But Artie, you're supposed to put the avocado down the FRONT of your pants!

BKB

airbud7
06-13-2016, 09:02 PM
But Artie, you're supposed to put the avocado down the FRONT of your pants!

BKB

hahahaha^

Arty
06-13-2016, 09:05 PM
But Artie, you're supposed to put the avocado down the FRONT of your pants! BKB
NOW you tell me..

Hombre
06-13-2016, 11:48 PM
Yep Arty happened to me. I'll post my full story tomorrow it's a doozy. Actually happened twice. Both time fully refunded.