PDA

View Full Version : Hey Big Sky

Captain
06-15-2016, 08:18 AM
Let me know what you think of the HKEN H9
I've got a buddy with one and he really likes it.
He says recording in 4K or 2.7 K is not great and the battery is OK but has bought an extra battery and that helps him out. He also told me recording in 1080 @ 30 FPS is fantastic and it has a great mic.
I am looking at one of these. Would have loved to had it when I had that big Tarpon on a few weeks ago.
It seems to me at the cost I would rather drop this one in the ocean than a Go-Pro. So give me the scoop when you get to play around with it.

Thumper
06-15-2016, 08:56 AM
Oh no! Next thing you know, we'll have regular installments of "Captain's Fishing Show" competing with the Lenster! ;)

You DO know that's the Chinese knock-off of the Go-Pro. Trump is gonna get you boy! ;)

Thumper
06-15-2016, 09:03 AM
Here ya' go Cappy.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-NyhLFo0_F0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BarryBobPosthole
06-15-2016, 09:42 AM
My issue with the gopro is getting the media to my ipad for editing. Of course, its no problem with the old lady's macbook but I can't find a connector from the mini-usb on the gopro to the ipad air type propietary connector. (if I were president there'd be no propietary connectors or chargers).
And transferring media via wifi using the app is very shitty when the files are 1080.

I did take some dive videos yesterday though using a red filter and the color is amazing using it. Can't wait to get home and see it on the big screen in true hd.

Maybe len has worked this connectivity issue out.

BKB

Thumper
06-15-2016, 09:45 AM
(if I were president there'd be no propietary connectors or chargers).

And if that were your ONLY platform, I'd change political parties and actually vote for you!

(did I say that has been one of my major pet peeves for many years?)

Big Skyz
06-15-2016, 11:19 AM
Captain, will do. My son has one and so far he likes it. I hope to wear this one out. Like you I have a hard time justifying the cost of a GoPro when it is very likely I will lose or break it. The Eken gets pretty good reviews so for the money it's pretty low risk. Mine came with an extra battery and a whole pile of different mounts I have figure out.

Captain
06-15-2016, 11:38 AM
I'd like to find it with an extra battery on the net. I think I would just take a chance on it. Sounds like an affordable opinion that if you loose or break ain't gonna hurt too bad.

Thumper
06-15-2016, 11:42 AM
Just curious. Does the EKEN mount mate to the Go-Pro mount?

Big Skyz
06-15-2016, 12:47 PM
Captain I will ask my son where he bought this as it has everything including the extra battery. I know he ordered off the net.

Thumper I don't know.

Big Skyz
06-15-2016, 12:52 PM
He said he bought it as a whole kit on Amazon.

Thumper
06-15-2016, 12:56 PM
The reason I ask, the 2016 Toyota (which I have) comes standard with a factory installed Go-Pro mount on the windshield. I have no real reason to lay out the kind of jack they want for a Go-Pro, but for the price of that Chinese knock-off, it might be fun to have one. (So I can pretend I'm driving in Russia!) ;)

Big Skyz
06-15-2016, 01:11 PM
Thumper in theory the mount should work.

Captain
06-15-2016, 01:27 PM
I studied up on it and the information say yes they can use the go-pro mounts.

Thanks Big Sky