PDA

View Full Version : OMG

Captain
06-15-2016, 01:35 PM
Give me a break. I'm working at BP today and it's a mad house selling AR style rifles. Folks are standing in line. We are completely sold out of all models that shoot .308. Got a few .223 /5.56 rifles left. 308, 9mm, 223, 5.56 ammo gone.
We got in a truck load of 22 ammo a week or so ago and it looked like it was gonna be around for awhile. But since the shooting the other day the shelves are clean again.
It is a mad-house at the gun counter today.

Chicken Dinner
06-15-2016, 01:56 PM
Not surprised. It's too bad my AR style rifles were recently sold in a private sale at a gun show. No, I did not keep a bill of sale or any other documentation.

HideHunter
06-15-2016, 08:59 PM
Here's a quote from a friend who runs a small lgs..

"I like to keep our customers informed.

We have 14 different wholesale distributors.

Today at 2pm I received a call from 1 of the 14.
Their sales team arrived early this morning & sold 17,500 guns from 630am-2pm (from just 1 wholesaler).
9,500 of them were AR-15 style rifles & 5,000 of them were other semi-auto rifles, leaving the remaining 3000 of shotguns & handguns.

I would anticipate a price increase that will not dissipate until after November, if at all."

quercus alba
06-15-2016, 09:57 PM
I guess the AR 15 type rifles are ok if that's yore thang. They're not my thang. Ive got a few hundred 22/22mag shells and maybe a hundred rifle shells of assorted sizes and 200-300 shotgun shells and maybe 100 rounds for my muzzle-loaders. I can kill a lot of zombies when the Apocalypse comes. guess i'll fall back on my machete and baseball bat when I run out of ammo

BarryBobPosthole
06-15-2016, 10:01 PM
So explain to me then how much safer I am as a result of this again?

BKB

DeputyDog
06-16-2016, 07:00 AM
The question should be "Are you less safe because of this?"

airbud7
06-16-2016, 07:19 AM
when any mass shooting occurs people want to be prepared in case it hits close to home.

Thumper
06-16-2016, 07:47 AM
when any mass shooting occurs people want to be prepared in case it hits close to home.

My thinking here is, it's not the safety thing people are worried about ... it's the hysteria in Congress being stirred up by Obama. Buyers are in panic mode right now in case there's a ban in the works. It's the perfect time to force gun legislation through and I'd say "assault weapons" are going to be a major target. They were banned once, but the time ran out. Many feel it's time to ban them again. Congress will be in a frenzy to prove to the public that they're doing something (even though it won't accomplish a darned thing as far as demented assholes killing innocent people are concerned).

airbud7
06-16-2016, 07:54 AM
yea Thump...that to^

BarryBobPosthole
06-16-2016, 08:10 AM
Deppity, I think I'm allowed to ask a question ain't I? To answer your question though, no my personal opinion is that no, Nobody is any less safer. But its also my opinion that nobody is any MORE safer either. So, I also don'tvthink an assualt weapons ban will fix much of anything.

The reason I asked the question is because all I hear from FELLOW second amendment supporters is about the 'hysteria' from the anti's demanding our guns, and Obama's threat to take our guns! Yet, the facts seldom get in the way of the haters when it comes to Obama. And that is true of this group as well. It was Ronald Reagan who originally proposed it, Bill Clinton who signed it into law, and was allowed to sunset by Bush II. SCOTUS found it constitutional in several challenges. Theoretically at least, that means it was not a violation of the 2nd amendment. The only thing Obama has done is the ATF inder his watch has banned some fucking bullets.
Yet you can't buy 22 shells any more, and every time there is a shooting like this, the gun buying hysteria is on our side and not the other. We're the hysterical ones. At least IMO. And some of the shit people say is just out and out horse shit lies. But we all wanna believe it. Grow the fuck up!

And lastly, IMO, i have no issue with suspending people's 2nd Amendment rights who are on the no fly list. I would want an appeal and review process if that happens to ensure there is a process recourse for those people. If the no fly list is so inaccurate, then where's the anger about their other constitutional freedoms being impinged? Haven't heard a peep about that!
I also think the FBI should be able to get a judge to temporarily suspend 2nd amendment rights for those under investigation for terrorism or other violent crimes.
Those two things are what most people are asking for. Y'all act like somebody stuck a hot poker up your ass. (Thumper prolly even likes it!)

But no, we can never have a conversation about it.

Flame on, MacDuffs!

BKB

Chicken Dinner
06-16-2016, 08:34 AM
I can't disagree with anything in your last paragraph BBP as long as, just as you suggest, there is some sort of judicial review that would permit individuals to have their records cleared. (Without that, it's as onerous as those crazy asset forfeiture laws.) I would also add that some violent misdemeanor convictions should also be considered as a reason to have your gun rights suspended. I had an amazingly civil exchange on FB yesterday with an attorney who is involved in the family law system for the government. In response to a question about whether convicted domestic abusers and stalkers should be allowed to have own guns, I said that felons are already prohibited owning firearms and if these crimes aren't felonies they should be. In her experience, she said that aren't typically charged or convicted as felonies as typically they're pled down to misdemeanors. If that's the case, I'm down with that as well.

What I have issues with is banning weapons because they look evil. The previous ban was a joke as defining an "assault rifle" is ridiculous and the market will just react be producing rifles that don't meet the definition and have 100% of the same capabilities. Most of the people and all of the politicians advocating this have no idea what an assault rifle is and they're only trying to make it look like they're doing something to placate the masses. If you're serious about this, you would simply ban high capacity magazines. I'm not advocating that at all, but that would at least in theory marginally slow down the rate of fire.

Thumper
06-16-2016, 09:15 AM

DeputyDog
06-16-2016, 11:56 AM
Barry I agree with what you have said for the most part.

Any bans are worthless unless there is confiscation along with it and I don't think anyone is willing to go that far with it. Hank is right that it is a lot of fear mongering on both sides. The pro-gun side starts with "They're coming to take all your guns!" and the antis turn everything into a fully automatic machine gun. I saw a post on Facebook by Robert Reich claiming that the gun or guns used in Orlando could fire 8 rounds a second. Unless I'm wrong the gun was a semi auto and I don't know anyone who can pull a trigger that many times a second.

It's kind of like most of the issues today. Most people won't let the facts get in their way to try to push their agenda.

Thumper
06-16-2016, 01:00 PM
Talk about facts, I listened to a news caster a couple days ago talking about the devastation in Orlando being so great due to the military type AUTOMATIC weapon used!

Big Muddy
06-16-2016, 04:31 PM

BarryBobPosthole
06-16-2016, 05:46 PM
Talk about facts, I listened to a news caster a couple days ago talking about the devastation in Orlando being so great due to the military type AUTOMATIC weapon used!

If you listen to the audio of phone calls during the shooting it sounds very much like a full auto. I have no idea if it was though.

BKB

HideHunter
06-16-2016, 11:00 PM
Man, not the audio I heard.. Not even close.. I shot a full auto.. 30 rounds of ammo is gone before you can get the muzzle controlled. The ejected brass looks like a beaded chain.

Thumper
06-17-2016, 07:06 AM
Same here ... I never heard anything close to what sounded like automatic weapons fire in anything I've heard so far. The closest would be when the elebenty-bazillion cops emptied their magazines once the dirt bag exited the club, but even then, it sounded like elebenty-bazillion cops firing revolvers and/or semi-auto weapons. An auto has a VERY distinct sound that is next to impossible to confuse with anything else. Dang Zoomie-boy, you should at least remember the sound from basic training.

I know this scumbag didn't have one, but prolly the most distinctive sound in the world is an SK on full auto.

BarryBobPosthole
06-17-2016, 07:31 AM
I think we fired one ten round clip in basic on full auto and it was like 'burp'. And come to think of it we were try to fire three round burst which was pretty difficult to do.

BKB

Thumper
06-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Bummer! I shot up a truckload of ammo ... including .60 cal. and .45 (I carried a .45 and had an M16 in the rack during active duty). In Basic, the drill sergeants in our company had a competition going and had money bet on their individual platoons scoring better on the range. My DI called 4-5 of us into his office before we headed out to the range for night shooting and handed each of us a handful of extra ammo to put in our pockets. BIG TIME against policy as each round was accounted for when at the range. He told us once we knock down our target, to knock down any other target still standing in any other lane. Since we were allowed ONE shot at each target, anything still standing would be due to a miss by another shooter. Of course we couldn't get away with it during daytime firing, but were able to pull it off at night! The weird part is ... I can't remember if our platoon won or not. I figured since our DI was cheating, the others were prolly doing the same! ;)

Chicken Dinner
06-17-2016, 01:15 PM
I love this...

Chicken Dinner
06-18-2016, 12:23 PM
I wish all gun owners would scroll through this with an open mind. Not that I'd expect it would change their minds. But, at least they would be a little more informed about the facts.

http://www.assaultweapon.info/

airbud7
06-18-2016, 01:18 PM
Wow CD...That^ is something we should all read...Cool Stuff.

hint: use arrow keys to navigate.