PDA

View Full Version : Nasty thunderboomer last night

Bwana
06-17-2016, 08:36 AM
Major winds, rain, and a bit of hail too. This one came down during the first wave and three hours later it is still about ping pong ball-sized. Twas at least baseball-sized when it hit but there is no way I was going outside to pick it up while others were still falling. Am surprised my skylights survived.

BarryBobPosthole
06-17-2016, 08:51 AM
Be sure to check your roof and gutters closely! Just becayse it doesn't leak doesn't mean it isn't damaged.

Of all the weather we get, hail is the one I dislike the most. Which Is likely because my vehicle is the one that won't fit in my garage.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
06-17-2016, 09:09 AM
Had some pretty good boomers, including some tornadoes in the general area, here last night as well. Luckily, no hail at my house.

Thumper
06-17-2016, 12:57 PM
Anytime we have hail here, the insurance companies automatically start handing out new roofs. What takes the biggest beating is that most pools here are screened in (skeeters) and the screening dudes have a field day with an endless supply of re-screening jobs! If you had wind along with it, take a close look at the vinyl siding if you have any. That also takes a beating here.

I'm with P-hole ... my truck sits in the driveway. I get real nervous when hail is in the area. :(