PDA

View Full Version : IT People

BarryBobPosthole
06-18-2016, 08:10 AM
They're the same everywhere. The day after we got here I signed us up on a weekly wifi plan. The dumbass process they use still makes you log on every day. You also pay in advance, even though I have a card on file with them for incidentals. So yesterday when we got back to the resort I tried to log on and their system told me I had 'insufficient funds'. So I called and the clerk handed me off to some East Indian fucker who identified himself as the 'IT Manager'. He told me t must be a problem with my device and 'none of the other guests are having this problem'. I was so mad I just told him I'd come see him today. They're the same the world over. Going down there in a minute to use the Trip Advisor threat, followed by a call to ownership. Fuckwad It fuckers.
BKB

airbud7
06-18-2016, 08:24 AM
Stay Calm Barry, don't let the redneck come out/...on second thought, go fuck them fuckwads up...;)

Thumper
06-18-2016, 08:52 AM
I always had trouble understanding the daily log-in myself. We'll be booked for 3-4 days, they have my card in case there are "incidentals" to be paid, but STILL, I have to go back through the log-in process on a daily basis (usually name and room number). Not a major deal, but a needless PITA anyway (IMO). Just so you know, 99% of the time we ask for (gratis) free wifi and they give it to us (IF it's not free already). It's the basic wifi, not high speed, but I never have had a problem with the basic speeds anyway. What I don't understand is, it seems the more expensive the hotel, the less they GIVE you. Stay at a nice, but run-of-the-mill place and they throw you free breakfast, free wifi, free parking, free airport shuttle service (ask if the shuttle can take you someplace ... shopping mall, restaurant, etc and many times they will) ... but you'll pay through the nose for a fancy-schmancy resort type joint and they nail you for EVERYTHING! My pet peeve is having to pay for parking. We usually ask for and get that comped also, but most times, they use the excuse they don't own the parking garage and it's a separate company, so USUALLY, no comp there (although they sometimes will). We had a rental car in Maine, same deal, not their garage, but they still comped it anyway when we asked. (that's rare for a non-hotel owned garage) We even went to one resort recently where they didn't supply toothpaste with the room. It was one of the very rare times I forgot to replace the toothpaste in my shaving kit. Lynn went downstairs and asked for a tube of toothpaste. They pointed to a little "store" type thingy and said she could BUY it there. Lynn gave her a look like, "Are You Fucking Serious"??? (but with a smile) The desk clerk handed her a free tube. One thing we ALWAYS do is ask if they might have a "gratis" upgrade when we check in. If they're not expecting a full hotel that particular week/weekend, we almost ALWAYS get it. (Usually a suite instead of a basic room) We were in a nice resort a few weeks ago and they had a nice, sit-down type restaurant there. We asked and received vouchers for a free breakfast every day we were there. You'd be surprised at what a hotel will give you if you just ask .... NICELY. :D

Thumper
06-18-2016, 08:59 AM
Oh yeah ... I'll let you in on a secret. When you check in as a couple, let it slip that you and the wife are there for your "anniversary". Lynn and I have about elebenty-sebenteen anniversaries per year. I couldn't tell you how many times they've not only given us an upgrade, but they'll sometimes send a gift basket with food and drinks to the room. (ask Muddy) ;)

Hey, when you're trying to live off Social Security and eBay sales, every little bit helps.

Note: I'm not talking about acting like an a-hole cheap fuck. We always b/s with the desk people and get to "know them" a bit ... always friendly. Just last week when we stayed in Maine, the gal at the desk was from Russia ... I had a conversation with her about my trip there a while back and we "bonded". (then she comped our $18/day parking) ;)

Big Muddy
06-18-2016, 10:15 AM
Thats a bunch of b.s., Thump....you know dang well that you promised her a peek at your big johnson. ;)

Seriously, they will upgrade you, comp you, and gift basket you....anything to help you have a great stay.

airbud7
06-18-2016, 01:05 PM
Why the heck do I always enjoy/learn something from a Long Thump Post?

Love ya Thump!

Captain
06-18-2016, 01:32 PM
Why the heck do I always enjoy/learn something from a Long Thump Post? Love ya Thump!
Cause you are the only one that reads them.... ;)

Thumper
06-18-2016, 02:17 PM
Cause you are the only one that reads them.... ;)

And YOU are the only one who needs to bite me today. ;)