PDA

View Full Version : ISIS is laughing their azzes off...

Big Muddy
06-22-2016, 05:32 PM
....and, anyone with any common sense is laughing their azzes off, too. ;)

"""Attorney General Loretta Lynch told Florida’s LGBT community that the “most effective” weapon at America’s disposal against Islamic terrorism is “love.”
Mrs. Lynch told reporters in Orlando on Tuesday that an ongoing investigation will determine the precise motive for 29-year-old Omar Mateen’s June 12 massacre at Pulse, a gay nightclub. Mateen, a former security guard, called 911 and pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group while killing 49 people and wounding 53 others.
“To the LGBT community — we stand with you,” President Obama’s attorney general said. “The good in this world far outweighs the evil. Our common humanity transcends our differences, and our most effective response to terror is compassion, it’s unity and it’s love. We stand with you today because we grieve together, and long after the cameras are gone will continue to stand with you as we grow together in commitment and solidarity and in equality.”
Mrs. Lynch added that $1 million in emergency funding for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement would be allocated “as soon as possible,” the Miami Herald reported.
The federal funds will be used to cover overtime pay and other costs incurred by Orlando’s local law enforcement agencies during the massacre, the newspaper reported.
“The message of Orlando is a message of determination to remove hatred, to remove intolerance from our midst,” Mrs. Lynch said."""

BarryBobPosthole
06-22-2016, 06:20 PM
We all know Jesus sure as hell didn't preach any of that shit! He was all about callng those fuckers fuckers!

BKB

Captain
06-22-2016, 08:24 PM
God said an eye for an eye in my book.
Alls fair with turning the other cheek but when you run out of cheeks it's time for some of the eye for and eye shit....
BTW that's my interpretation it don't exactly say that in the Book... :D

BarryBobPosthole
06-22-2016, 09:21 PM
It does say that in old Hebrew law, I guess if you're Jewish you might follow that tenet. Not a surprise that Islamic law says exactly the same thing. Jesus actually said something completely different.

But that's neither here nor there. She did say our country's best response to terrorism is unity, love, and compassion. Conservatives, of course are calling for her resignation over her remarks. Even though she has nothing to do with foreign policy and was delivering her own personal message about what she thinks would make us stronger.

I'm for a strong foreign policy too. But I don't want us going to war in every country we think ISIS exists in either. ISIS was this guy's excuse. He'd have found another (and in fact tried many excuses).

For a country that constantly espouses Christianity, it seems odd to make fun of the person who has the courage to espouse its most basic tenets.

But then again, I've not many christians who actually do practice its tenets.

BKB

LJ3
06-22-2016, 10:33 PM
From my personal experience, and it's pretty extensive. I've not met a single Christian that walks the talk as consistently as my Mormon friends.

Big Muddy
06-22-2016, 11:15 PM
Ditto^^^^^^.....with Cap....I'm not talking about getting into another war in the Middle East....I'm talking about defending ourselves against those who hate us, right here in our own backyards....there's a time to take a stand because the govt. dang sure isn't going to do it, with their "let's love these heathens, while they're murdering our citizens" attitude....give me a frigging break!!!....and, since you mentioned Jesus, I believe HE'D say "kick their azz outta the tabernacle---it worked for me."

Just out of curiousity, how much love would you have for one of those charming guys, if he opened fire on you family, while they were at the mall???

Captain
06-23-2016, 05:44 AM
Conservatives, of course are calling for her resignation over her remarks.BKB
So you are saying ONLY conservatives are disagreeing with her? There is not any liberals or democrats that disagree with her remarks. No democrats that want to "whoop some ass" on ISIS. NO democrats that think Love is not the way to handle this situation.....
I remember making a statement here awhile back that was along the line of when a republican says something dumb other republicans will disagree with them. But when a democrat says something dumb the rest get locked in step and agree with them. You told me then I was wrong but I guess now you just proved my point.....

BarryBobPosthole
06-23-2016, 06:53 AM
That's bullshit and you know it Captain. Search and find me a democrat who twisted this shit around. You win't find it because there isn't any. Want to know why? Because the people who are bitching about it have twisted the entire meaning of what she said around. She never said our response to ISIS ought to be love, unity, and compassion to them. Not once did she say that. She said that should be our response to each other here as Americans. But no, you have to twist that shit around in a typical cynical way so you can make your snide comments. She is calling for us AS AMERICANS not to let this shit divide us. And you know what? She's absolutely right. And as long as ISIS has us carping at each other, they've accomplished part of their goddamned mission.

So you go ahead and do shit your way, I'll do mine my way. And we'll continue on the same path we're on.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
06-23-2016, 08:28 AM
That's bullshit and you know it Captain. Search and find me a democrat who twisted this shit around. You win't find it because there isn't any. Want to know why? Because the people who are bitching about it have twisted the entire meaning of what she said around. She never said our response to ISIS ought to be love, unity, and compassion to them. Not once did she say that. She said that should be our response to each other here as Americans. But no, you have to twist that shit around in a typical cynical way so you can make your snide comments. She is calling for us AS AMERICANS not to let this shit divide us. And you know what? She's absolutely right. And as long as ISIS has us carping at each other, they've accomplished part of their goddamned mission. So you go ahead and do shit your way, I'll do mine my way. And we'll continue on the same path we're on. BKB

Somebody must be feeling a little salty that his vacation ended...

Thumper
06-23-2016, 09:27 AM
Gotta go with Postie here actually. Sure, when you're pissed off, sometimes it's hard to listen to someone throwing around rainbows, unicorns and butterflies ... but (IMO) she WAS talking about the community as a whole ... not ISIS. I DO understand the frustration though, because I've felt it in similar situations while hanging with my happy Christian friends. One instance REALLY stands out ....

The guy who used to custom build my pressure washers for me also handled all the chemicals (cleaning supplies) I used (soaps, solvents, acids, etc). He had just taken a delivery of about ten or so 5-gal. buckets of hydrofloric acid (aluminum brightener) and they were stacked outside the door of his shop until he could put them away. (he had a large, commercial shop behind his house) His 7-year old daughter was playing hide & seek with her grandmother and when she ran around the corner of the shop, she ran into that stack of buckets. (she may have tried to hide behind them, nobody knew for sure) She knocked over the stack and when the pails of acid came crashing down, one of the tops dislodged from a bucket when it hit the ground. That poor little girl was not only covered in acid, she was breathing the fumes. She had burns all over her body and her lungs were toast from the fumes she breathed in. She suffered terribly before finally passing away in the hospital. I can't think of a worse way to go.

Now, her dad was a friend of mine. I knew the family well and watched their kids grow up. I'd known his little girl since she was born and she'd always bring me a piece of bubble gum or a small candy whenever I was there to pick up supplies or parts. Oh, did I mention dad is also a preacher at a local church (the same one where the funeral was held)? Of course, dad being the preacher and all, gave a long "sermon" before the guests came forward to speak about their personal interactions with the daughter. I was first and talked about how we'd play and joke around with each other. How she'd ALWAYS offer me bubblegum or something similar when I showed up at the shop. How much I'll miss her little smile and her infectious laughter, etc. EVERYONE else ... including dad during his "sermon" ... said some bullshit along the lines of, "God called her home ....", or "God had a better plan and needed her ...." or "Only God knows why He called her back ....", or "It was God's will ....", or "She's in a better place now ...", etc, etc, ad nauseam! I was so pissed off at the BULLSHIT, I had to leave early before I said something I'd regret later (I skipped the graveside service and went home). Doesn't anybody ever get mad at GOD???

Excuse me ... if God was what He's made out to be, he would NOT let a beautiful, innocent, 7-yr. old little girl suffer the way that girl did. Sorry, I don't buy the b/s. BUT ... Lynch is a Democrat, so I'm sure whatever she said could have only referred to her love toward ISIS. I ain't much of a Liberal, but I'll call a spade a spade no matter which party they're in. I don't think there's a "spade" to be called out here.

Big Muddy
06-23-2016, 10:19 AM
All this talk about love, rainbows, and unicorns, and now a sit-in by the Dems.....reminds me of the days of woodstock. ;)

"""One toke over the line, Sweet Jesus. """ ;)

Captain
06-23-2016, 02:43 PM
Well now that Thumper chimed in it makes two that are wrong. Posthole and Thumper....
Lock step Posty, lock step...

Captain
06-23-2016, 02:47 PM

Thumper
06-23-2016, 02:49 PM
Don't you have some cow pies to rake up? ;)

Captain
06-23-2016, 02:53 PM
Too hot. Almost a 100 outside. They dry up to fast. No fun.
Rather kick a few around here.

quercus alba
06-23-2016, 03:22 PM
The bible is a lot like a computer, most people know just enough about them to get themselves in a predicament they can't get themselves out of and would rather look like a fool than admit they were wrong.

LJ3
06-23-2016, 05:20 PM
I'm with BBP on this'un. Even as salty as he is :)

airbud7
06-23-2016, 05:45 PM
I'm with Cappy....Kill it before it kills you/ stay in your own country /stay outta mine!

BarryBobPosthole
06-24-2016, 08:05 AM
This deed wasn't done by a foreigner. This deed was done by a second generation American born citizen. unless you want to kill those too, we need some better ideas.

And yes, I hate him as much as you, as I hate all killers of the innocent.

BKB