PDA

View Full Version : Behave

LJ3
06-26-2016, 10:51 PM
Taking the family to Cancun for 7 days. Jimmy will have to keep you fuckers in line :)

Arty
06-27-2016, 06:43 AM
Have fun! Try the veal!

airbud7
06-27-2016, 07:00 AM
Have Fun! Don't drink the water!

BarryBobPosthole
06-27-2016, 09:10 AM
Remember Montezuma! (and his revenge)

Have fun!

BKB

DeputyDog
06-27-2016, 01:53 PM
Don't piss off any of the cartels.

Thumper
06-27-2016, 05:41 PM
The last time I was in Cancun, Lynn and I hopped into a taxi and asked the driver where HIS favorite place was to eat .... where most of the locals go for a special treat and where he'd take his family for a "special" meal. (AWAY from the touristy areas) I wish I could remember the name of the place, but that's usually how we roll when it comes to eating in a foreign country. We had dinner there and it was to kill for! A definite 12 out of a possible 10!! The next day, we were just looking for a simple lunch, but used the same method ... used the taxi driver routine. In fact, we invited the driver to stay and eat with us, then he gave us a ride back to where he picked us up! It was just a little hole in the wall place, but Lynn was watching the owner doing the cooking and asking questions on his techniques. He then came around to the front, grabbed her by the arm and led her back to the grill area. He actually put her to work and the two of them prepared our lunch! We had a blast and the lunch was KILLER! I'm sorry I don't remember any names, but we do that in many places we go. It ALWAYS works like a charm. I have pics around here someplace, but no clue where they are right now. The point is, you should try it sometime!

P.S. The friends we abandoned (and who told us we were out of our minds) ate their frigging lunch at Señor Frog's and dinner at Carlos'n Charlie's. Give me a frigging break! :crazy

BarryBobPosthole
06-27-2016, 06:25 PM
While you're there! Go visit for the day at Isla Mujeres. You take a ferry there and you can rent a golf cart and get around the whole island. Nice bitChes..er....beaches!

BKB

LJ3
06-28-2016, 11:02 PM
We're actually hitting isla mujeres dat after tomorrow for fartin around and snorkeling and what not.

BarryBobPosthole
06-28-2016, 11:18 PM
Its a fun little place!

BKB

LJ3
07-01-2016, 11:47 PM
It was nice! We've had mucho funno. Parasailed, jet skied, numerous excursions, tons of snorkeling, beautiful beaches and water, biggest damn pool I've ever seen, you can lay in a cabana all damn day and nice ladies bring you anything you want and you don't even havE to sit up. We have drinkededed many many drinks. Finally found a bartender that could make "my" drink so hEs my new BFF. explaining how to pour a martini pour of quality vodka with a whisper of olive brine was a struggle of the cultures!

BarryBobPosthole
07-02-2016, 06:59 AM
How do you say 'dirty martini' in spanish anyway?

Martini sucio.

Gotta remember that one!

Glad y'all had a good time. The ocean moves me. Everyone should make that pilgrimmage.

BKB

Thumper
07-02-2016, 07:45 AM
There was a time I was in love with Mexico and was VERY close to buying a place down there at one point. Back then, you couldn't actually own property, but you could get a 99-year lease. I prolly spent (on average), almost two weekends/month in Baja. Then I ended up with a smokin' hot Mexican girlfriend (a total babe from Mexico City) who not only owned a frigging "mansion" in L.A., but owned a beach house in Ensenada! That's when the old, "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" thing kicked in. (not the same really, but it works here) Even after we quit dating (logistics problems), we remained friends and she let me keep a key to the beach house. I could use it just about anytime I wanted as she only went down there a few times/year. I loved to walk down to the local bakery, buy a dozen FRESH tamales, take those and a cooler of Coronas or Dos XX's down to the beach, stretch out on a beach chair and vegetate ... totally unwind and forget about work related b/s. I also ran 3-4 motorcycle races in Baja every year. I really do miss those days.

Odd, although I've been to a lot of inland states, Baja California and Baja California Sur were my home away from home for about 10 years. Now that I'm back in Florida, it's always the Yucatán. (I guess I like peninsulas!) Actually, our last trip was for 4-days on Cozumel, so islands are cool too! (although we did run over to Playa del Carmen to explore/party/eat).

It's a shame the cartels are screwing up large portions of the country. My sister and BIL went on a cruise last year and were supposed to stop in Puerto Vallarta, but due to the heavy drug cartel b/s going on, they diverted to Oaxaca (I believe). What the drug trade is doing to some areas of that country pretty much sucks. I'm glad you had a great time, but dangit .... now I have a case of the "I wants" ... I wanna go to Mexico! ;)

Chicken Dinner
07-02-2016, 08:53 AM
At least a couple of years ago when I dealt with related issues for work, foreigners still aren't allowed to own real estate witching 100 miles, or maybe kilometers, of the coast or the US border. There's ways around it by using a trust as the vehicle. But, a Yankee trying to enforce legal ownership in those zones can be tough.

It looks like you and the family are having a great time in Cancun based in the FB pics. I was there a couple of years ago and did a side trip down to Belize for a couple of days that was a little more "old school" and much more my style.

This is a pic I took during one of my business meetings while I was in Cancun.

BarryBobPosthole
07-02-2016, 09:00 AM
If I was investing off shore for a retirement place I think it'd be in Belize or Honduras, specifically Roatan. For Americans, Belize might be the real estate friendlier of the two. Costa Rica would get a long look too.

But I ain't interested. Not yet anyway. I still like exploring new places too much and we aren't making a permanent move more than a short distance from our grands.

BKB

Thumper
07-02-2016, 12:29 PM
P-hole, I have always wanted to retire in Thailand. It's my first choice, but a bit more difficult to navigate for a "novice" retiree! For many, many years (since my early 20's), Costa Rica was my "back-up" plan and my #2 choice. Through the years, Costa Rica became too expensive (too many frigging retirees with the same idea I had) and Belize became my #2 choice. One major plus was that the predominate language is English in Belize. BUT ... the same thing happened, it became a retirement haven and, like Costa Rica, the prices sky-rocketed. My new back-up plan is Panama. My heart is still in Thailand as far as my retirement priority, but with my health problems and my VA coverage here, I may never live my dream.

DeputyDog
07-02-2016, 10:13 PM
I loved Panama when I was there.