PDA

View Full Version : A coupl'a full days here ...

Thumper
06-28-2016, 08:19 AM
I spent ALL day at the VA hospital in Tampa yesterday and got a LOT done. I had sessions with two different doctors ... one regarding memory problems since the first major surgery. They've been studying it since shortly after I started recovery and it's been extremely frustrating for me. The new doctor (to me) who's handling my case now, seems to be extremely knowledgeable and Lynn and I both really like him. Believe it or not, along with other treatments I'm following, he also suggested I drink a glass of red wine as often as I can (as in ONE glass/day ... not a bender!). I told him I'm not all that fond of wine, so he suggested a beer! Ok. I could get into that UNTIL he said, "preferably a dark beer". I'm also not fond of dark beer ... so it was an interesting, but probably non-productive therapy. :(

Of course there's much more involved and this has been an on-going problem we've been working on. If it weren't for Lynn keeping me organized, I'd prolly forget to put on my pants in the morning!

Right now I'm about to head over to help a friend move. I told her she needed to arrange some help as I can't really do much lifting or heavy-duty moving type stuff, but I'll supply my truck, trailer and hand truck. We want to try getting it done by 2:00 since we're expecting rain this afternoon.

Once I get home, I have to transport some kitties across town. I caught a stray mama cat and her 3 kittens last night, so I'll be taking them in to be fixed and get their shots today.

By time I get back home, I should be pretty much whooped!

Youse guys try to be good today. It looks like the normal summer slow-down has hit and the posting is pretty sparse. Nothing new for this time of year, but I still miss reading all of youse dufe's musings. ;)

Arty
06-28-2016, 05:35 PM
If your memory is bad... How do you KNOW he's a "new" Doctor? He'll he coulda been seeing you for years and you wouldn't know it! ;)

airbud7
06-28-2016, 06:16 PM
he suggested I drink a glass of red wine as often as I can (as in ONE glass/day ... not a bender!). I told him I'm not all that fond of wine, so he suggested a beer! Ok. I could get into that UNTIL he said, "preferably a dark beer".

Now thats a good doctor right there.....;)

Arty
06-28-2016, 06:31 PM
Now thats a good doctor right there.....;)
Did he say big the glass of wine should be?

I've got a gallon size jug that I'll send ya. Just call that your glass.