PDA

View Full Version : Jamaica

Arty
07-04-2016, 11:57 AM
Since its raining and I'm stuck inside, I'm starting to do some research on our trip next spring

Pretty sure we have settled on Jamaica.

Question for those that have been.

Stay near Montego Bay, Ocho Rios, or Whitehouse area.

Or does it matter?

Thumper
07-04-2016, 02:32 PM
Depends ... will it be a family trip? Or just you and the wife? Party? Laid back? Sightseeing? Diving? Lots of nude beaches if you and the missus feel adventuresome. I'm not sure persactly what you're calling Spring, but that's when the rainy season kicks in. No big deal really, but it bothers some people. At least the prices drop a bit once the first of the year rush is over. Get your Ganga from a trusted resort employee and don't hold more than 2 ounces. If you get popped, it's only a $5 ticket. ;)

As for the destinations you mentioned ... it really doesn't matter much. It's all good!

Arty
07-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Depends ... will it be a family trip? Or just you and the wife?
Just me and wife... 20th anniversary

Party?
We love to party... Until about 10pm.

Laid back?
Some of that too (beach)

Sightseeing?
Yes, some.

Diving?
Yes. We both plan to get certified in the next 6 months or so.

Lots of nude beaches if you and the missus feel adventuresome.
I'd have to go by myself.

I'm not sure persactly what you're calling Spring, but that's when the rainy season kicks in. No big deal really, but it bothers some people. At least the prices drop a bit once the first of the year rush is over.

Did I say spring? Maybe I did. Prolly more like late May/June.

Get your Ganga from a trusted resort employee and don't hold more than 2 ounces. If you get popped, it's only a $5 ticket. ;)

When in Rome....

I

Chicken Dinner
07-04-2016, 03:53 PM
I've been to both MoBay and Ocho Rios and had a great time at both. I'd probably rate Icho Rios as the nicer if the two and worth the extra drive.

Arty
07-04-2016, 03:56 PM
I've been to both MoBay and Ocho Rios and had a great time at both. I'd probably rate Icho Rios as the nicer if the two and worth the extra drive. like 2 hours from airport right ?

Chicken Dinner
07-04-2016, 04:00 PM
That's about right. It's been a while and I didn't wait to get to the resort to hook up with one of their "trusted employees."😵

Arty
07-04-2016, 04:14 PM
We've got options.... So I'll keep researching and asking.

We're likely going the "Sandals" route.

The cool thing is there are 6-7 sandals there... And you are allowed access to all of them.

Chicken Dinner
07-04-2016, 04:32 PM
That's where we stayed for our honeymoon in MoBay in 1994. I will say at that time it was probably 90% honeymooners and they over booked the resort and didn't have the room we booked. They were going to give us a lesser room and refund the difference and I pitched a fit. So, they made it right and upgraded us to the Presidential Suite for free. No complaints at all otherwise.

Thumper
07-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Whatever you do ... do NOT go around saying, "Yeah mon" ... that will change your status from being just a tourist, to being a "goofy" tourist! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
07-04-2016, 05:51 PM
Irie mon!