PDA

View Full Version : Remember these?

Thumper
07-05-2016, 08:29 AM
I remember quite a few of these Amphibicar's running around down here in the early to mid-60's. They were kinda fugly and were pretty much a crappy car as well as a crappy boat ... but they were a fun novelty I suppose. I remember LBJ had one at his ranch and he'd load up a couple of guests, then go speeding toward the lake yelling that the throttle was stuck and his brakes were fubar. There'd be quite a panic when the car would hit the water. :D

7330 7331

I wasn't a huge fan of the Amphibicar, but I don't think I'd mind having one of these if I had money to burn. They look like they'd be a blast!

<iframe width="1920" height="1031" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2150iFXF5Vc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DeputyDog
07-05-2016, 09:24 AM
That second picture is at Disney Springs. I saw them when we were there in April. They have several of them and take people for rides around the lake in them. We didn't do it but the kids thought it was pretty cool.

Thumper
07-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Yeah Deppity, they have those over at the Boathouse. They also have quite a collection of old boats and marine related stuff. Pretty neat place to see some historical pieces.

Big Skyz
07-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Somebody actually pulled into my little town with one of those cars a couple years ago. Was neat to look at anyway. It was in like show room condition.