PDA

View Full Version : Hilary won't be charged...

Chicken Dinner
07-05-2016, 12:48 PM
You could definitely see this coming over the past week. First, the AG has a "chance" meeting with Bill. Second, Hilary begins publicly commenting on the topic again. Third, the AG announces she'll let the career FBI folks make the call. Four, the FBI announces they won't recommend charges. I'm sure it's probably the right call based on the investigation. But, if anybody thinks 1, 2 and three didn't happen based on an understanding of 4, I've got some swamp land down Jimmy's way I'd like to sell you.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/05/fbi-recommends-no-charges-to-be-filed-against-clinton.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Chicken Dinner
07-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Sums it up...

johnboy
07-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Trump should start calling her "Teflon Hillary" cause nothing sticks to her. Same result for the Clinton Foundation corruption investigation? Where is Julian Assange when you need him?

HideHunter
07-05-2016, 07:21 PM
No charges? Really?.. Who'dathunk?

Captain
07-05-2016, 08:47 PM

BarryBobPosthole
07-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Haters gonna hate.

BKb

Trav
07-05-2016, 10:52 PM
If this were Bush you would be purple with rage but since it's Hillary all you have to say is "Haters gonna hate". I guess that is to be expected since you save your moral outrage for evil conservatives or worse yet Christians.

BarryBobPosthole
07-05-2016, 10:58 PM
I can feel the warmth of your Christian heart all the way from here!

BKB

Trav
07-05-2016, 11:03 PM
That warmth is from your kidney stones, by the way I hope you are feeling better.

Hombre
07-05-2016, 11:16 PM
You've been shot stirred by bbp. He doesn't believe what he's sayin.

Thumper
07-06-2016, 12:20 AM
You've been shot stirred by bbp. He doesn't believe what he's sayin.

Shit-stirred also! ;)

Chicken Dinner
07-06-2016, 07:13 AM
Watch the video: http://www.theamericanmirror.com/trump-releases-video-contrasting-clinton-comey-statements/ In addition to being incredibly arrogant, she's either stupid, a criminal or a liar. You decide which one is a worthy trait in our next POTUS. (And, don't construe this as an endorsement of Trump who I wouldn't piss on if his hair was on fire.)

Captain
07-06-2016, 07:17 AM
she's either stupid, a criminal or a liar.

She is all three....

Chicken Dinner
07-06-2016, 07:30 AM
Even the Washington Post is excoriating her:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/05/hillary-clintons-email-problems-might-be-even-worse-than-we-thought/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_fix-clinton-1245pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

It’s hard to read Comey’s statement as anything other than a wholesale rebuke of the story Clinton and her campaign team have been telling ever since the existence of her private email server came to light in spring 2015. She did send and receive classified emails. The setup did leave her — and the classified information on the server — subject to a possible foreign hack. She and her team did delete emails as personal that contained professional information.

Anyone who thinks she was exonerated should read the full article.

Thumper
07-06-2016, 07:57 AM
My question for the legal scholars here is:

Can someone 'splain the difference to me between "extreme carelessness" (the FBI's determination) and "gross negligence" (izzat a criminal act?).

I looked up the definition of "gross negligence" and the first sentence says:

"Gross negligence is a legal concept which means serious carelessness."

Ooookaaaay ... umm, now, what's the difference between "serious carelessness" and "extreme carelessness"?

I'm getting confused ... which, I assume, is the whole purpose of this word game.

Thumper
07-06-2016, 08:27 AM
I'm surprised this hasn't been made into a meme ...

Hillary Clinton quote: “I did not send or receive any information that was marked classified at the time!”

Bill Clinton quote: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman!"

(what's that old saying about "birds of a feather"?)

Chicken Dinner
07-06-2016, 08:30 AM
My question for the legal scholars here is: Can someone 'splain the difference to me between "extreme carelessness" (the FBI's determination) and "gross negligence" (izzat a criminal act?). I looked up the definition of "gross negligence" and the first sentence says: "Gross negligence is a legal concept which means serious carelessness." Ooookaaaay ... umm, now, what's the difference between "serious carelessness" and "extreme carelessness"? I'm getting confused ... which, I assume, is the whole purpose of this word game.

I wonder what this poor SOB thinks of the difference?

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/05/2015-doj-prosecutes-a-naval-reservist-for-mishandling-classified-info-without-malicious-intent/

Big Muddy
07-06-2016, 08:52 AM
I love Allen West's response to this sheeit....and, the term, "USEFUL IDIOTS". ;)

"""If you looked upon Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton on that stage yesterday and cheered, the day after our 240th American Independence Day — you are no Patriot and citizen of this Republic. You are nothing more than, as Vladimir Lenin stated, a “useful idiot” — and a supporter of liars. We can ill afford the mindless lemmings to take this nation further down the road to perdition. Thanks, Director Comey, you may have just become the one person who will end the corrupt reign of the Clinton Family, and terminate any chance for an honorable legacy for Barack Obama."""

BarryBobPosthole
07-06-2016, 08:55 AM
Nice to know how you think of other people who have different political views than you.

Its fucking politics, folks.

BKB

Big Muddy
07-06-2016, 09:18 AM
Wrong, this sheeit is WAY past politics.....this is about a lying, spiteful, arrogant bitch who wants to lead this country.

Big Muddy
07-06-2016, 09:37 AM

Chicken Dinner
07-06-2016, 09:41 AM
Wrong, this sheeit is WAY past politics.....this is about a lying, spiteful, arrogant bitch who wants to lead this country.

How is that different than Trump? The adjectives may change. But, he is equally as unfit.

Big Muddy
07-06-2016, 09:50 AM
Bad hair is not a sin. ;)

I've said from day one, I want a busininessman.....No more career politicians for me!!!!

Chicken Dinner
07-06-2016, 09:50 AM
Being a liar and a charlatan is...

BarryBobPosthole
07-06-2016, 09:51 AM
How is that different than Trump? The adjectives may change. But, he is equally as unfit.

But you forget he's a republican lyng, spiteful, arrogant asshole. You're only an idiot if you vote for the Democrat one.
That's exactly why this big hoo hah over Hillary's email isn't about ethics or morals, its about politics.

Fuck, we even root for our president or congress to fail nowadays if they're not the right political party. Think about that, we or some of us anyway, actually would rather have our country fail that have the other side have success. We can't blame politicians on that. That's on all of us.

I'm not in the least defending Hllary, but the sheer amout of hate coming from the right is alarming.

BKb

Thumper
07-06-2016, 10:29 AM
I think Trump is a frigging clown. I think Hillary is a worthless POS. I don't want to vote for either of of them, but I have to make a choice between one or the other. The alternative is to not vote, or throw my vote away on a write-in for Mickey Mouse. Unfortunately, the clown will get my vote ... the same way I've had to vote since Reagan.

Hombre
07-06-2016, 10:39 AM
I agree BBP we cut off our nose to spite our face in politics these days. We'll shut down government and filibuster anything that might be good for the other side. Pretty sad state of affairs. I think it happens equally on both sides. As far as Hillary goes if the FBI has decided that no charges should be filed, and they can not prove willful or gross negligence then I can accept that. What I can't accept is me voting someone into the highest office in the country, with top level clearance that at the best isn't smart enough to be trusted with top secret information and at the worst is a criminal. Short version she's either stupid or a criminal neither do I find top qualities in a presidential candidate.

Which leaves me with Trump. I can't really think of a worse choice. I'm with CD on this one. I find him arrogant almost to the point of where I wonder if this is all some sort of purposeful comedy when I watch him. I find him unqualified with little to no experience in international affairs, and a horrible start to international diplomacy. And, I find him to have any real moral compass and an ability to stick with positions he finds important.

All in all I see no valid choices.

BarryBobPosthole
07-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Gary Johnson is likely to get my vote. Some might say its throwing away my vote, but at least I can look myself in the mirror the day after.

BKb

Hombre
07-06-2016, 10:55 AM
^^ I'm kind of thinking the same thing^^

Thumper
07-06-2016, 11:03 AM
I'm hoping (if Trump wins) that he'll be no more than a figurehead ... like the Queen of England. Nobody can argue the fact he's a successful businessman. Obviously, he doesn't micro-manage all of his businesses on a day-to-day basis, it would be physically impossible. Heck, SOMEBODY also has to be running the show while he's out campaigning, right? So, for his businesses to prosper, it's obvious he knows how to choose good people to work for him to where he does not have to micro-manage. I'm banking on him doing the same with his cabinet choices ... be smart enough to choose good "managers" to work under him and listen to their recommendations ... just as it's apparent he does with his business managers.

I have trouble imagining him doing that due to his (as Hombre points out) arrogance, but obviously he operates on a different plane when it pertains to business ... and I'm banking on that carrying over to his government service. There are still checks and balances within the system that will prevent him from doing anything catastrophically stupid. Of course, he could always go crazy and just issue "executive orders" on a weekly basis, but if he were that sort of leader, I think we'd find a string of failed businesses and numerous bankruptcies in his wake.

All I can do is hang onto that thread of hope regarding Trump. I already know Hillary's track record in the political arena and that's a definite no-go for me.

Chicken Dinner
07-06-2016, 11:08 AM
As long as we continue holding our noses and voting for the lesser of two evils, they'll continue to offer up the same garbage.

Thumper
07-06-2016, 11:09 AM
Gary Johnson is likely to get my vote. Some might say its throwing away my vote, but at least I can look myself in the mirror the day after.

BKb

So, what's the difference between voting for Gary Johnson and simply staying home and not voting? Is it just a "feel-good" thing so you can say you did your part even though it is a totally wasted effort? It's like pissing on a forest fire, what have you accomplished? Simply being able to say you did something, all the while knowing you "really" weren't doing a darned thing?

Thumper
07-06-2016, 11:14 AM
As long as we continue holding our noses and voting for the lesser of two evils, they'll continue to offer up the same garbage.

CD, what option is there? Seriously. There are three choices as I see it.

#1) Vote for evil
#2) Vote for the lesser of two evils
#3) Don't vote at all

Is there another choice that will actually accomplish anything?

Chicken Dinner
07-06-2016, 11:15 AM
I totally disagree. It's called voting for the candidate you feel best represents your beliefs and/or is best qualified to lead he country. The chips will fall where they may. If we end up with HRC as POTUS it will be the fault of the Republicans who nominated a loser.

Hombre
07-06-2016, 11:17 AM
I think the difference is changing public perception that a 3rd party candidate could ever win. A lot of people won't vote for a libertarian because public opinion is "no chance to win". If a libertarian does well, even in a loss it might change that perception in the next election cycle.

BarryBobPosthole
07-06-2016, 11:20 AM
I wonder what Civics class you. attended Thumper, that taught you that the objective is always to vote for the winner? Sure, we want our candidate to win, but to use a vote just to pick a winner doesn't really seem right to me. Of course, its your vote so do what you like with it.

BKB

Thumper
07-06-2016, 11:21 AM
And if we end up with DJT as POTUS, it will be the fault of the Democrats who nominated a loser?

How is that different from ANY election? There has to be a winner and loser, correct? It just seems like the political gene pool is lacking these days.

BarryBobPosthole
07-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Its lacking big time! But extremist arms of both parties are the reason we have the candidates we do. A centrist in either party can't get nominated. Think back to the contest on the Repubican side when they were arguing who was the most conservative. And Bernie Sanders almost did the same on the Democratic side.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
07-06-2016, 11:45 AM
It is said that the definition if insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I'm just not going to play that game any more. It's time for a third option.

Thumper
07-06-2016, 11:55 AM
It is said that the definition if insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I'm just not going to play that game any more. It's time for a third option.

I believe that's why Trump has such a large following. He may be a registered Republican, but that sure doesn't make him "status quo".

Thumper
07-06-2016, 12:02 PM
I wonder what Civics class you. attended Thumper, that taught you that the objective is always to vote for the winner? Sure, we want our candidate to win, but to use a vote just to pick a winner doesn't really seem right to me. Of course, its your vote so do what you like with it. BKB

I agree with you to a point ... in principle only. If voting for a 3rd party candidate with zero chance of winning gives you that tingly feel-good feeling, go for it. The point is, I despise Hillary, so the only choice I have to attempt to keep her out of office is to vote against her. That's where the lesser of two evils comes into play IMHO. Voting for a 3rd party candidate these days will accomplish NOTHING other than giving you the satisfaction that you've filed a protest vote. You may as well stay home and reduce traffic at the polling places.

LJ3
07-06-2016, 12:02 PM
I think the difference is changing public perception that a 3rd party candidate could ever win. A lot of people won't vote for a libertarian because public opinion is "no chance to win". If a libertarian does well, even in a loss it might change that perception in the next election cycle.

Johnson's polling at 13% right now. If he gets to 15%, he gets to stand on the debate stage between the stooge and the whateverthehellsheis and show people they don't have to hold their nose and pull the lever. It could happen. He's gaining traction and most importantly, he's not a giant asshole.

Cards01
07-06-2016, 12:08 PM
a former business man and governor with a former governor as his running mate. Both have experience and speak with some common sense!!

BarryBobPosthole
07-06-2016, 12:08 PM
I agree with you to a point ... in principle only. If voting for a 3rd party candidate with zero chance of winning gives you that tingly feel-good feeling, go for it. The point is, I despise Hillary, so the only choice I have to attempt to keep her out of office is to vote against her. That's where the lesser of two evils comes into play IMHO. Voting for a 3rd party candidate these days will accomplish NOTHING other than giving you the satisfaction that you've filed a protest vote. You may as well stay home and reduce traffic at the polling places.

That's right, I'm voting that way to get a tingly feeling.

BKB

LJ3
07-06-2016, 12:10 PM
I may do the same thing BBP. In fact I'm about 97% on it right now.

BarryBobPosthole
07-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Welcome to the Tingly Party. An offshoot of the Salty Party.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
07-06-2016, 12:43 PM
Ummmm, salty and tingly. Kinda reminds me of a Kim Bassinger movie...

Arty
07-06-2016, 01:00 PM
If we end up with HRC as POTUS it will be the fault of the Republicans who nominated a loser.

Which has been the republicans problem in the last two POTUS elections

Chicken Dinner
07-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Y'all play nice as I'll be on a plane out to Boulder for the next couple of hours.

airbud7
07-06-2016, 02:04 PM

Big Muddy
07-06-2016, 06:00 PM

Thumper
07-06-2016, 06:29 PM
https://www.askideas.com/media/48/Trump-Or-Hillary-Top-Socket-Or-Bottom-Socket-Funny-Meme-Picture.jpg

BarryBobPosthole
07-06-2016, 11:02 PM

Captain
07-07-2016, 07:12 AM

Big Muddy
07-07-2016, 09:01 AM

Arty
07-07-2016, 09:47 AM
This

quercus alba
07-07-2016, 02:55 PM