PDA

View Full Version : WTF is it with these so-called EXPERTS????

Thumper
07-08-2016, 12:20 PM
Edit: I started this thread early this morning, but my buddy showed up before I finished, so I didn't post it. I'll finish now but I may be behind as I just walked in and haven't caught up on the latest news.

I'm on the way out the door to a couple of sales and don't have much time to post this, plus I'm going by memory anydamnway, so I've probably forgotten more of the dumbassery than I'll remember to mention. I was watching the crap in Dallas as I fell asleep last night and woke up to it still on the tv this morning. I happened to be tuned into FOX News and was listening more than watching as I was shaving, getting dressed, etc.

They had some woman on ... an "EXPERT" on something I didn't catch. They were questioning her about details on the shooting and getting her "expert" opinion. I think her name was "Something" Barringer (??) or something like that. They started discussing the rifles used last night and whether they were hunting rifles or assault rifles! This "expert" then said you can easily purchase what's necessary to turn a hunting rifle into an assault rifle on-line! She went on to say the main difference between a hunting rifle and an assault rifle is, one is single action and the other is double action. What the shooters were using last night were obviously double action. She went on to say a major difference between a hunting rifle and an assault rifle is the scope!!!! WTF????

Then they had another "expert" ... I "think" they said ex-Secret Service (but I may be wrong there). He watched a video of one of the perps standing behind a large concrete pillar. The perp would step out, shoot a bunch of rounds and then get back behind the pillar. The expert then chimes in that the guy has definitely had military training! That's how they'd teach you in the military, so it's obvious.

Ok, isn't it just common sense? I don't think I EVER played cops & robbers or cowboys & Indians as a kid where we didn't use those same tactics with trees, cars, walls, whatever! I doubt I ever watched a cowboy movie where the guys in a shootout weren't hiding behind a rock or wagon, then leaning out to shoot. Heck, I don't know if these guys have had military training or not. Maybe they have, but this "expert's" opinion is as worthless as any bum off the streets! He then went on to criticize the police for negotiating with the second shooter. According to him, they should have stormed in and killed the guy to make sure he didn't shoot anyone else. I can see his point from a laymen's point of view, but I HAVE had military training and know how important intelligence can be extracted from a LIVE prisoner. Maybe there were more shooters and some got away. Kill the guy, you may never know. Are they working with anyone else? Kill the guy, you may never know, etc. etc. etc. Ok, I may be wrong ... he's the "expert", I'm not.

Then Obama came on with his little speech from Poland. He talked about how something was going to have to be done once he gets back ... to prevent "powerful weapons" falling into the wrong hands. Duh!

Then, the ray of sunshine among the crowd of worthless idiot "experts". After Obama's little talk about needing to make "assault weapon" ownership against the law, the Texas Attorney General came on and said, "Heck, MURDER is against the law ... THAT didn't stop them!" Finally, somebody with a brain.

Ok, I just got home and I wrote 90% of the above very early this morning. I'm gonna have a sammich and catch up on the latest news. I'm sure there have been a lot of changes and clarifications, but I just had to get the above off my chest.

airbud7
07-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Agree Thump^.....Well Said......

BarryBobPosthole
07-08-2016, 07:30 PM
airbud, kissing up to Thumper while I'm out ain't gonna get you no merit badges.

BKB