PDA

View Full Version : Strange Feeling

BarryBobPosthole
07-17-2016, 06:24 PM
Just paid a guy to come mow my grass today. Man does it ever feel strange.

On a positive note, my first day totally painkiller free. Well, except for the Kush. So my head doesn't feel like I have a pillow case over it for the first time in a week. Feels good!

BKB

Thumper
07-17-2016, 06:58 PM
Congrats!

I was on HEAVY doses of pain killers every three hours (doc said it was enough to knock out a horse!). I'd rotate, morphine, then 3 hrs. later, Percocet ... then morphine, then Percocet and repeat for like 5 years! I was told I MUST take them as I could not heal if I was in pain. (that never made a bit of sense to me, but I followed doctor's orders) Finally they told me they needed to get me into rehab to get me off the pills. WTF? I told them to "F" themselves, went home, flushed the left-overs and never touched another one. They later called and said they had an opening for me to enter a rehab facility and I told them I'd never taken a pill since they told me they wanted me off of them. My doctor threw a fit and said I could have easily gone into cardiac arrest ... that I have to go through a slow withdrawal under a doctor's care. Ooops, looks I lived through it somehow! (I guess I just don't have an addictive personality)

To be honest, I never could tell that they (the pills) were doing anything. (Lynn said they made me "goofy" ... so what else is new?) ;)

BUT .... I was in constant pain anyway and was always afraid to find out what it would be like without them, so I took the dang things. I just live with the pain now ... it never goes away. It kinda sucks actually. :(

Now, if I lived where it was legal and VA would pick up the tab, I think I'd be a prime candidate for medical hooch ("Hooch", ha! Sorry, I'm from the 60's! ... And Lynn thinks the morphine/Percocets made me goofy, double-ha!) :D

airbud7
07-17-2016, 07:12 PM
Same here Thump...

Y'all know I love my beer ;).....but the worst hangover I ever had was from doctor prescribed pain killers...

DeputyDog
07-17-2016, 07:46 PM
To be honest, I never could tell that they (the pills) were doing anything. (Lynn said they made me "goofy" ... so what else is new?) ;)

:D

My question is how could she tell the difference from before you started taking them?

Thumper
07-17-2016, 07:56 PM
Deppity, do you have your own stool? Or do you need to borrow one? ;)