PDA

View Full Version : DAYUM!

Thumper
07-18-2016, 10:39 PM
I just decided I ain't gonna vote for a President. I'm gonna vote for the First Lady! Wow!

Thumper
07-18-2016, 10:59 PM
Ha ha ha! General Flynn called Hillary an Obama clone! That's a good one. :D

Big Muddy
07-18-2016, 11:37 PM
Yep, she's a classy lady....and, she isn't a dumb blond, either....speaks 5 languages....h3ll, I don't even have English down pat, yet. ;)

She makes Moochie look like an old fat sweaty cow. ;)

Thumper
07-18-2016, 11:54 PM
Not to take a thing away from her (she's a classy lady, and smart), but to be honest, we Americans are lazy sob's. I've rubbed elbows with elebenty-bazillion Europeans in my travels and I'd have to say over half of the Central (where Melania is from) and Eastern Europeans speak multiple languages. Like the U.S, it's not so common in Western Europe, (especially the UK/Ireland). I've known quite a few Central/Eastern Europeans who speak 4-5 languages, so Melania's right up there with the best of them.

My theory is, if you are fluent in one of the Romance Languages, it's relatively easy to learn another (or more) Romance Language(s). That may be why few Americans and Brits speak multiple languages, while much of Central/Eastern Europe does. I had an employee in L.A. years ago who was from Italy, and he had no problem speaking with my Mexican, or Spanish speaking employees. He was fluent in Italian and English, but I'm not sure of the differences between Italian and Spanish. Like me, I can speak quite a bit of Thai. I'm far from fluent, but I usually have no problem communicating with what I do speak. I also speak a bit of Laotian, but much of the Thai and Lao language is very similar and most Thais and Laotians don't have much of a problem understanding each other even though they are definitely different languages. I know a few words/phrases in Cambodian and some Vietnamese, but unless I find someone who speaks English, I'm pretty much clueless in Burma (Myanmar).

BarryBobPosthole
07-19-2016, 02:34 AM
How fluent do you have to be to steal lines directly from another's speech and then claim you wrote them yourself!

This is the second rate bunch of hacks that we all know they are.

And to make matters worse, their followers don't even care!

BKB

Captain
07-19-2016, 07:25 AM
But the words sounded so much better coming from her... She's a class act.

Thumper
07-19-2016, 08:13 AM
Oh, it's splashed all over the news like it was an ISIS attack! THREE sentences (with a few words changed here and there, but still pretty obvious). I'm sure there's a speech writer in the mix somewhere in all of this ... heck, he could have written BOTH of them, who knows? Damn, you'd think it was the end of the frigging world. She's a class act regardless and frankly, I could give a rat's ass about the biggest news story the Liberal media has for us today.

Big Muddy
07-19-2016, 08:45 AM
Personally, I think Melania's words are very common phrases, which could be used by anyone, trying to make a positive statement about our country.

At least she didn't repeat Moochie's sheeity statement, "For the FIRST time in my life, I'm proud to be an American."....did you hear the libtards jump her azz about that???....not hardly.

Thumper
07-19-2016, 08:47 AM
And we can play this game all day long ... Joe Biden plagiarized his was through law school. He's Obama's Vice President.

Last night's speech is the big news today ... plagiarized from Michelle's 2008 speech (again, I'm sure mostly written by a professional speech writer).

Politics sucks any way you slice it, but speaking of 2008 ...if you want to throw some mud ... does anybody even give a crap about this?

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8M6x1H08aFc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BarryBobPosthole
07-19-2016, 09:02 AM
Yep, its the speechwriters fault. And heck, it all depends on if you have a purty mouth whether you can be a republican or not. I see how y'all are.

Trump's ticket is:
if you ain't scared now, tune in all week and we'll make America paranoid again!

BKB

Big Muddy
07-19-2016, 09:09 AM
Good one, Thump...."the fat lady is singing"....ooops, did I just plagarize Yogi. ;)

DeputyDog
07-19-2016, 09:12 AM
Well, as a cop I can tell you I'm already paranoid.

Big Muddy
07-19-2016, 09:21 AM
"Never trust a woman who wears a wool jacket in July."....I just made that up. ;)

Thumper
07-19-2016, 09:32 AM
Yep, its the speechwriters fault. BKB

Here's how it works. A professional speechwriter writes the speech based on what he/she knows about the person delivering the speech and the message they want to convey. The delivering party may change phrases around, edit certain parts or even delete sections/paragraphs. Some will send the whole mess back to be re-written or write sections themselves to get across what THEY want transmitted. The better a speech writer knows the person they are writing for, the less editing there is. The bottom line is, whomever DELIVERS the speech is responsible for it's content whether they were aware of any plagiarism or not.

It's the same with the music industry. Heck, how many months was Whitney Houston at the top of the charts with 'I Will Always Love You'? When was that, 1992? That song was written and performed by Dolly Parton in 1974. Now if Dolly had plagiarized any of that song, everybody down the line would be screwed. It's business ... people will use these screw-ups in different ways, depending on which side of the isle they're on and whom it is who pulls the fuck-up. Welcome to the real world.

Thumper
07-19-2016, 09:33 AM
"Never trust a woman who wears a wool jacket in July."....I just made that up.

I think those potato sack lookin' things are all she EVER wears ... OVER a pants suit.

Well, she was a hottie in school but she still managed to snag a boyfriend!

http://hillaryugly.com/Hillary%20clinton%20was%20dog%20from%20the%20begin ning.jpg http://hillaryugly.com/True%20identity%20Bill%20and%20Hillary%20clinton%2 0hippies%20byproducs%20of%20the%2060s.jpg

BarryBobPosthole
07-19-2016, 09:40 AM
I think they must've tapped someone from Trump University's English Department for their speech writer.

BKB

Thumper
07-19-2016, 09:41 AM
Well, as a cop I can tell you I'm already paranoid.

I hear ya' Deppity. This shit HAS to stop! Keep safe out there buddy.

Thumper
07-19-2016, 09:44 AM
I think they must've tapped someone from Trump University's English Department for their speech writer.

BKB

Your Libtard slip is showing. ;)

Hombre
07-19-2016, 10:46 AM
With all of the crazy stuff that is happening in the world: Orlando, Nice, Dallas, Baton Rogue, etc......My level of giva-a-shit on speech plagiarism doesn't rank very high.

BarryBobPosthole
07-19-2016, 11:04 AM
With all of the crazy stuff that is happening in the world: Orlando, Nice, Dallas, Baton Rogue, etc......My level of giva-a-shit on speech plagiarism doesn't rank very high.

So I guess you're saying a person's word isn't their bond. That's less important than current events.

BKB

airbud7
07-19-2016, 11:15 AM

go tell cnn...

Hombre
07-19-2016, 11:16 AM
^^ That's a stretch ^^^ But while we're at it I guess Hillary's

1. I did not email any classified information
2. I remember landing under sniper fire

don't count as her word? But, in general yes the plagiarism from a Presidential candidates wife concern me less than the mass murder and cop deaths.

BarryBobPosthole
07-19-2016, 11:18 AM
be sure not to forget Foxnews!

BKB

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/19/priebus-says-d-probably-fire-melania-trump-speechwriter-over-similarities-to-08-address.html

Hombre
07-19-2016, 11:22 AM
ps....you're cantankerous again! This is a good sign of recover :D ...Makes me happy!

DeputyDog
07-19-2016, 11:28 AM
I think a good project for you while you are laid up is to go through every speech ever made by a candidate's wife and see if there is any common words or threads between them. They all sound pretty much the same to me.

I'm back in college and they have this really cool thing now where you submit your papers online and it compares it with all the other submitted papers and all of the published works it has in the database as well and checks for plagerism. It gives a percentage for you. Anything under 10% is acceptable and if you have it properly cited, a higher percentage is ok. What percentage of this speech was plagerized?

BarryBobPosthole
07-19-2016, 11:38 AM
This ain't college! This is for the leadership of the free world! And you guys are glossing over a second rate hack job of a speech that, without citing the source, lifted an entire segment of the speech. I'm not naive enough to think that is some sort of capital offense. What is, though is the absolute refusal to accept responsibility and dscribe how someone is being held accountable. That's the very core value that was missing from the entire Bush administration, its been missing from the Obama administration, and apparently you all think its perfectly okay as long as its your guy doing it and not the enemy.

You should stand back and listen to yourselves. Its pathetic.

We all need to find a new candidate. If Trump is yours and you defend this (and all the rest of his behavior), then we'll not ever agree. But don't go spoutng honesty platitudes.

BKb

BKB

Hombre
07-19-2016, 11:43 AM
Trump is not my candidate.....I'm feeling the Johnson!

airbud7
07-19-2016, 11:49 AM
be sure not to forget Foxnews!

BKB

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/19/priebus-says-d-probably-fire-melania-trump-speechwriter-over-similarities-to-08-address.html

That ain't front page^ like mine ;)

Thumper
07-19-2016, 11:52 AM
So I guess you're saying a person's word isn't their bond. That's less important than current events. BKB

Ha ha ha! Youse silly Libs will grasp at ANYTHING. We're talkin' 'bout Melania, the WIFE of the GOP nominee for President. Her hubby is running for President, not her. If she's running for anything, it's for "First Lady". (and what a FINE First Lady she would be!)

Thumper
07-19-2016, 11:57 AM
Here's an interesting read on Clinton scandals if anyone wants to wade through them.

http://www.upvibes.com/hillary-clinton-scandals-is-she-fit-for-president/?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium={site}&utm_content={title}_{thumbnail}&utm_campaign=hillaryscandalsC028-desktabl-us

Ya' have to scan down a bit to the red "next slide" icon hidden among the ads and crap.

BarryBobPosthole
07-19-2016, 12:02 PM
That's a pretty typical response, Thump. Deflect to smeone else entirely instead of just owning up to the actions of those you support. Kind of like the blind responses to a president selling arms to a sworn enemy and then funding an illegal revolution in Central America with drug money. I thnk the standard response then was 'You don't want to know what all they have to do to keep us safe'. But if nothing was done wrong, why did Bush issue those pardons?

Carry on. Like you said, I can do this all day!

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
07-19-2016, 12:12 PM
Trump is not my candidate.....I'm feeling the Johnson!

I ain't going there!

BKB

Thumper
07-19-2016, 12:22 PM
Kind of like the blind responses to a president selling arms to a sworn enemy and then funding an illegal revolution in Central America with drug money. BKB

WTF?? We're talking about a Presidential Candidate's wife giving a speech that had THREE similar sentences. You don't think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill here?

BarryBobPosthole
07-19-2016, 12:32 PM
WTF?? We're talking about a Presidential Candidate's wife giving a speech that had THREE similar sentences. You don't think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill here?

So now its not about the fact that she stole someone else's work, its about HOW MUCH she stole. A really good friend of mine, who I respect a hell of a lot, once told me if you do something wrong knowing full well its wrong, then you have no room to complain about the consequences.

And me make a moutain out of a mole hill? Who started this post? And four 'Moochie Mamma' comments in I said something. Mainly because I thnk Michele Obama is a class act as a First Lady.

BKB

johnboy
07-19-2016, 01:10 PM
I gotta wonder how this happened. Melania didn't write that speech no matter what she says. Some speech writer, or team most likely, wrote it with some input from her. I don't think Michelle wrote her speech either. Same deal with the writer team. So how did Michelles word/sentences get in there? Accident? Same writer? I can't imagine anyone doing this knowingly as having her words picked over by everyone would be a guarantee. So why do it? Was it a deliberate attempt (which succeeded) to undermine her credibility? Something smells here and I'm not sure what it is. Trump should be looking for a weasel in the hen house.

Hombre
07-19-2016, 01:19 PM
I ain't going there!

BKB

Wait I thought you were on board with Johnson, I thought we were feeling the Johnson together?

BarryBobPosthole
07-19-2016, 01:20 PM
Wait I thought you were on board with Johnson, I thought we were feeling the Johnson together?

I believe in some circles that is called a Dutch Rudder?

BKB

LJ3
07-19-2016, 02:01 PM
How fluent do you have to be to steal lines directly from another's speech and then claim you wrote them yourself!

This is the second rate bunch of hacks that we all know they are.

And to make matters worse, their followers don't even care!

BKB

Seriously though... Who really gives a shit that a speech writer used another speech writers words? I didn't even give a fuck when Obama did the same thing. It happens more than we realize, I'm sure.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-accused-of-plagiarism-in-speech/

LJ3
07-19-2016, 02:04 PM
So now its not about the fact that she stole someone else's work, its about HOW MUCH she stole. A really good friend of mine, who I respect a hell of a lot, once told me if you do something wrong knowing full well its wrong, then you have no room to complain about the consequences.

And me make a moutain out of a mole hill? Who started this post? And four 'Moochie Mamma' comments in I said something. Mainly because I thnk Michele Obama is a class act as a First Lady.

BKB

In an olive branch of unity I will stand next to my bruvva BBP and say I think Michelle Obama has been a pretty good first lady. I don't like her politics or political bent but I can hold my nose and agree she hasn't been bad. It's easy to look good standing next to that asshole husband of hers :)

BarryBobPosthole
07-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Let me get this straight. You're appealing to moderates. Here at Goodhunting.

Whatchoosmokin Boy?

BKb

LJ3
07-19-2016, 02:17 PM
I worked in an Obama asshole comment too so I think Vince will refrain from tasing me, bro.

Thumper
07-19-2016, 02:43 PM
I don't believe I've ever criticized Michelle. Well, except for the fact she's married to a total POS jerk-off IMO. ;)

Big Muddy
07-19-2016, 02:46 PM
The calvary is on the way....protesters musta heard they were coming....they were expecting hundreds of arrests outside the RNC, today, but only 3, so far. ;)

Day'um!!!!!....I think I see ole Sweet, leading the pack !!!!! ;)

Captain
07-19-2016, 03:40 PM
Posthole and LJ must be thinking of someone else. Can't be thinking about Moochie.... 7396 7398 7399

DeputyDog
07-19-2016, 03:40 PM
How we say she was just careless with the words she chose for her speech. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
07-19-2016, 05:16 PM
How we say she was just careless with the words she chose for her speech. ;)

So you're not invoking the My Little Pony defense?

BKB