PDA

View Full Version : I'm really, really trying ...

Thumper
07-25-2016, 08:17 PM
... to watch the DNC, but after only 15 minutes, my blood pressure is through the roof and I'm about 30 seconds from throwing my shoe through the tv screen! I want to try watching the whole thing this week, the same as I did with the Rep. Convention, but so far, I seriously doubt I'll be able to make it. I want to barf already. :(

Big Skyz
07-25-2016, 08:27 PM
I'm enjoying watching them self destruct so far. I forgot just what an idiot Bernie was until watching his trying to support Killery speech. I guess it's not that fun to speak to a room full of a-holes when they decide to turn on you. Funny thing is he kept refering to them as his brothers and sisters...well I guess that is correct, in a birds of a feather sort of way. ;)
I hope they run Killery right off the stage.

Captain
07-25-2016, 08:30 PM
If you are "trying" you are doing more than I would even attempt.

Big Muddy
07-25-2016, 09:14 PM
Watching bits of the DNC, and the only thing I've seen so far is a parade of lgbtq speakers and that kook, Al Franken.....to each his own about who or what they wanna hump....and Franken shoulda stayed in comedy because he talked like a day'um idiot.

So far, I've seen more crowd enthusiasm at a hog nut-cuttin'.

However, on the bright side, the camera keeps panning a HOT red-head in the audience.

Thumper
07-25-2016, 09:23 PM
Well, they started out with a bunch of illegals talking about how Hillary is going to take care of them. Half of them spoke Spanish to reach that portion of the constituency. The general consensus is, they all came here to escape poverty and make a better life for themselves. What part of the word ILLEGAL do people have a hard time understanding? Damn! I'm broke as fuck .... so I suppose it's ok for me to rob a bank. Heck, I know it's illegal, but it would sure help my financial situation and make a better life for my family and me ... so it should be ok, right? GRRRRRRR!!! :angry1

Big Muddy
07-25-2016, 09:42 PM
Man, this looks like some kinda weird day'um hollywood butt-f**k.....and, OMG, Paul Simon is bloated and forgot how to sing, geeez, so bad off tune, he hurt my ears....talk about grasping, a speech from a dead guy----Cuomo. ;)

Thumper
07-25-2016, 09:50 PM
Is it my imagination? Or is the audience asleep?

Big Muddy
07-25-2016, 11:32 PM
Who is the sexy short-haired blonde, sitting next to Slick Willie???....you can almost see Willie, licking his chops. ;)

Thumper
07-25-2016, 11:34 PM
I tried but I couldn't do it. I started channel surfing and finally threw in the towel. I'll try again tomorrow night, but I just can't handle any more tonight. I'm through.

HideHunter
07-26-2016, 08:18 AM
Whew.. I watched some of Warren and most of Bernie.. I'm, more and more, understanding the split in this country.. We just don't see things in the same vein.. Our brains obviously don't work the same way.

Chicken Dinner
07-26-2016, 08:44 AM
I'm glad to be missing both of them with this trip I'm on. Wife just said that Treyvon Martin's mother is speaking tonight. The Dem's have as bad a tin ear as the Rep's. Neither one can help themselves...

Thumper
07-26-2016, 10:00 AM
Actually, there will be a whole collection of those "speakers". Gwen Carr, the mother of Eric Garner; Sybrina Fulton, Trayvon Martin’s mother; Maria Hamilton, Dontré Hamilton’s mother; Lucia McBath, the mother of Jordan Davis; Lezley McSpadden, Michael Brown’s mother; Cleopatra Cowley, Hadiya Pendleton’s mother; and Geneva Veal, the mother of Sandra Bland are all scheduled to speak tonight. Last night it was illegals speaking (why didn't INS just wait at the door and arrest them as they exited?) ;)

Tonight, it's the "Black Mothers Matter" group. Now let me get this straight. Last night they have a group of "undocumented" (much more politically correct sounding than "illegal") aliens speak. Tonight it's the BMM contingent. Ok, the first thing I notice is, other than Dontré Hamilton, not ONE of the mother's last names matches their kid's name! Where are the dad's? BUT ... just like the sad stories from the ille ... errr, I mean, undocumented speakers last night, we'll hear the sad stories about these fine, outstanding citizens these mothers lost. Garner had 30 arrests since he was 10 years old, Trayvon had burglary and pot charges as well as had been expelled from school for defacing school property. His mother (who will be speaking tonight) had thrown him out of her house because she couldn't control him. Hamilton had a 10-year arrest record for various offences.

Davis had no criminal history (probably just hadn't been caught yet since he was only 17), but he was in a car with a dude who was on parole. I wonder why they have a mug shot if he has no record? (maybe he just wasn't convicted of anything) He does look like a sweet little boy though.

http://ioneglobalgrind.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/tommy.jpg

Pendleton was shot and killed by gang members, so mom will call for guns to be banned. Bland had over 10 prior arrests and hung herself in her jail cell after nobody in her family would bail her out ... even her own mother or sister. BUT ... the family is blaming the cop who arrested her!

Ok, I listened to the plight of the illegals last night ... I'm not sure how much I'll be able to stand tonight, hearing of the oppressed citizens as well as a call for a gun ban to prevent all these needless deaths.

I just can't wait for night #3!

DeputyDog
07-26-2016, 10:20 AM
I don't see how they will have much support from the rank and file in LE with that line up.

Thumper
07-26-2016, 10:39 AM
It's obvious Hillary is trying to get the minority vote to put her over the top. Trump isn't all that popular with them! ;)

It's kind of like Bernie getting all the student vote ... just promise free college tuition with legal pot and BOOM! You have those votes all tied up in a neat little package!

BarryBobPosthole
07-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Tonight isn't about anti-cop, its about gun control. Since y'all all think The Democratic platform and specifically Hillry calls for abolshing the Second Amendment you might listen to what you hear them actually asking for vs what Trump tells you they are asking for.

Sure, you have to take everything with a huge grain of salt in politics, but the second amendment stuff you hear is bizarrely over the top.

BKB

Thumper
07-26-2016, 10:55 AM
Yep, or so they say. Here's how the billing reads ... you think they'll all stay on subject?

"Appearing Tuesday evening will be the “Mothers of the Movement,” a group of women whose children have died in gun and/or police violence."

I guess we'll find out tonight.

BarryBobPosthole
07-26-2016, 11:10 AM
Speaking of police violence and violence against police, I am wondering what either party is claiming the federal government can do to stop it.
I understand they need to calm the rhetoric. But realistically, do we really want the federal government meddling in local law enforcement? I like the idea of my police being funded and ran locally. I don't have an issue with federal grants as long as there are no strings attached.
Is the problem caused when the US Dept of Justice steps in? Do we really get unbiased investigations when they don't?

I don't know the answers to either of those. But I don't want federal oversight or any other involvement with my local cops. Despite the fact I think my local ones are wrongly focused, that's an issue I'll take up with my local chief of police when we elect city officials. If they're ran by the feds, I won't have that choice.

Anyway, rambling.

BKB

Thumper
07-26-2016, 11:44 AM
You're making my head hurt this morning. ;)

DeputyDog
07-26-2016, 03:06 PM
Remember when Obama said he wants to all he can to support the police a couple weeks ago? I wonder why he has stopped the program where LE agencies can get surplus military equipment. That went a long way to provide smaller departments with equipment they couldn't afford otherwise.

BarryBobPosthole
07-26-2016, 03:26 PM
I think it was a reaction to some departments looking more like paramilitary than a local police force. I didn't thnk they'd completely axed the program though. I know there was talk of removing items like armored personnel carriers and such but not the whole inventory.

Its called a 1033 by the way. And Ferguson police didn't have any of that stuff. Which ironically was the reason Obama issued his executive order.

BKB

DeputyDog
07-26-2016, 03:39 PM
The whole program is pretty much dead.

There were some abuses of the program which is expected, but what was the first thing that was called for in Baton Rouge? A Bearcat armored vehicle.

My agency had gotten some things through the program like a few Humvees but we had to scavenge 3 to get a fully functional one that we used for some SWAT stuff and in severe winter conditions. We had also gotten several firearms too and a bunch of smaller items.

BarryBobPosthole
07-26-2016, 03:44 PM
Wasn't it intended for use in the War On Drugs?

I wasn't sure if those that received it used it for that purpose or not.

BKB

Thumper
07-26-2016, 07:18 PM
More executive brilliance. Now instead of helping law enforcement, they can just give them to foreign governments when it's time to dump the equipment. Heck, take a military Humvee, give it a nice paint job and you have a Hummer. You can buy one of those at your local dealership!

I suppose the next thing we need to do is take those nasty assault weapon looking thingies away from our SWAT teams. I see no reason the cops should carry anything bigger than a .38 Special.

Fucking bureaucratic idiots! :pissed

Big Muddy
07-26-2016, 08:31 PM
This is sooooo day'um rotten....Wasserman-Schultz gets fired as the DNC chair, and is immediately hired by Hillary....and, Hillary disavows ANY knowledge of Wasserman-Schultz's damaging emails.....the woman must think all American's are idiots.....gimme a frigging break !!!!!.....you can't make up this sheeit !!!!!