PDA

View Full Version : Great visit

DeputyDog
07-26-2016, 03:16 PM
I had the pleasure of spending several hours today with jb.

My wife has a conference in his hometown and I got to tag along for a couple of days.

He picked me up this morning in his little convertible and took me sight-seeing all around his beautiful neck of the woods.

Had a great lunch where I had the pleasure of meeting his lovely wife and then went on a tour of the area.

I had a great time spending several hours with another Goodhunter. I'm amazed at how this little place on the net has attracted such quality people.

I didn't think about it until he'd dropped me off but we didn't get any pictures :(

BarryBobPosthole
07-26-2016, 03:21 PM
They're quality people! Glad you got to meet them both. When you said you were going up there, I was hoping you'd get a chance to meet them.

BKB

DeputyDog
07-26-2016, 03:47 PM
I'd had the privilege of meeting him once before several years ago when he and Larke were taking their Mutt and Jeff impersonation on the road. ;).

Actually they stopped and left a vehicle at Hotshot's house on their trip out to Troy's for a Muley hunt but that was a very short visit.

Captain
07-26-2016, 06:06 PM
Could you understand him? He talks funny.... And don't like Boiled Peanuts. I think he's done caught a bad case of the Yankee....

Thumper
07-26-2016, 06:40 PM
I just can't quite grasp a mental image of Bubba driving a Z4. Seems like he'd look like a gorilla in a shoe box ... or maybe a monkey fuckin' a football. ;)

DeputyDog
07-26-2016, 06:49 PM
He talks normal. Sounds like me.

I'm 6'3 and he made me feel short. We both fit in there just fine. That made the tour even better doing it in the Z4 with the top down.

Thumper
07-26-2016, 07:25 PM
My mental image of Bubba in a Z4. ;)

http://stuffo.hswstatic.com/carstuffshow-podcasts/wp-content/uploads/sites/74/2014/08/Chevy-Shriner-Car-podcast-page.jpg

Captain
07-26-2016, 08:08 PM
I just can't quite grasp a mental image of Bubba driving a Z4. Seems like he'd look like a gorilla in a shoe box ... or maybe a monkey fuckin' a football. ;)
Kinda makes you think of Migilla Gorilla don't it. ;). :D

jb
07-26-2016, 08:34 PM
It was fun to spend time with Dawg, the last time we met it was just enough time to say hi & goodby at Hotshots house.
Lot of stuff in common, hope Pat can come back again with the whole family.
The one thing that he has in common with a lot of folks here, his wife's eyesight isn't that good, she's a good looking school teacher, and then there's the Dawg.:fine

BarryBobPosthole
07-26-2016, 08:49 PM
At 6'3", that's a bunch of ugly!

BKB