PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha! This is a new one on me!

Thumper
07-28-2016, 06:16 PM
I had a LONG day at the VA today. Lynn and I got up at 4:30 am to head over to Tampa for me to go through a half-day of testing with a Geriatric Psychologist. (but that will be another story)

Since we weren't sure how long the testing would take, we stopped at a Waffle House for breakfast. Lynn ordered a waffle with country ham and I had a waffle with bacon and orange juice. We had a nice enough waiter ... a black dude named Tyrone (true story). I had no problem with him and he took good care of us. Then I asked for the bill and I'll attach a pic of my check below. I looked at it and thought WTF???? The tab shows the correct charges, $7.00, $4.55, $3.40 and $1.04 (tax). Ok, no problem so far and it was added up correctly for a total of $15.99 ... BUT ... the ticket showed the $15.99 crossed out and an even $16.00 written in! Huh??? Since when did they start rounding up the bottom line? Weird! I didn't question Tyrone (he was taking another customer's order) but wondered if I should change his $3.00 tip, to $2.99? (just to be a jerk-off?) I wouldn't have, it was more of a joke between Lynn and me as we were having fun with the weirdness of the whole situation. I paid the tab, left him his $3.00 tip and we headed on over to the VA Hospital.

Edit: Mystery solved ... as I was posting this, I became curious as to what the tax actually figured out to. I just grabbed the calculator and at 7%, the tax comes out to $1.0465 ... it appears he rounded up the tax but didn't show that on the receipt, and simply added a penny to the total. It's no big deal, but he had us going all morning wondering ... WTF???? ;)

airbud7
07-28-2016, 06:43 PM
Yep...a computerized cash register would give you the same total....You should go back and tip Tyrone more!$$...don't you feel bad for thinking Tyrone f**fed you?.....Shame on you Thump!....;)

BarryBobPosthole
07-28-2016, 06:45 PM
Cracker-ass cracker

BKB

airbud7
07-28-2016, 06:56 PM
Cracker-ass cracker

BKB

Yea Barry^....I'd bet if Tyrone was a white guy Thump would have never made this thread!...Cracker-ass cracker/ lol;)

Thumper
07-28-2016, 07:10 PM
I'll wait for Hillary to take care of Tyrone.