PDA

View Full Version : Idiot + gasoline = BOOM !!!.....

Big Muddy
07-30-2016, 11:13 PM
http://50campfires.com/watch-happens-man-pours-5-gallons-gas-huge-bonfire/

Flatlander
07-30-2016, 11:57 PM
Almost a qualifier for the Darwin Awards.

Thumper
07-31-2016, 08:19 AM
Using gasoline is one thing ... but FIVE FRIGGING GALLONS?????

He looked to be a bit of a redneck but I thought rednecks knew better.

Oh yeah ... I have that bassackwards! "Here, hold my beer and watch this!" ;)

jb
07-31-2016, 08:21 AM
Ya just can't fix stupid !!

BarryBobPosthole
07-31-2016, 09:00 AM
Back in my tent camping days and everything with the name Coleman on it used white gas, I had several close encounters starting campfires with that shit on wet mornings. Singed a few eyebrows and all the hair off of one arm or another. Never five gallons though!

BKB

Thumper
07-31-2016, 09:56 AM
Ditto here P-hole. I learned years ago how those fumes work! (although I already knew it, I just didn't figure I'd get the reaction I did) I used a Dixie Cup of gas drained from my dirt bike to start a fire with wet wood. Heck, I was 5-6 feet from the fire when I threw the match. WHUMP! You'd a thunked I was standing right in the center of that fire pit and had used a tanker truck full of fuel!! I definitely singed a few hairs!

But ... 5 gals. is one hell of a stretch!

Big Muddy
07-31-2016, 11:54 AM
I blew up a big azzed beaver hutch with a mixture of 3 gals. of diesel and 3 gals. of gas, once.....I was worried about blowing my azz up, so I got about 50 yds. away, and set it off with a 5 shot roman candle....the 3rd shot nailed it.

I swear that hutch raised up about 3 ft., and just exploded....a few minutes later, two big azz beavers came straggling out from underneath it.....they walked sorta dazed, and didn't have a hair on 'em....finished 'em off with the Ruger .22.

BarryBobPosthole
07-31-2016, 12:15 PM
The rancher we used to lease from for hunting used dynamite to blow the beaver dams. We were rooting for the beavers of course because everywhere the beaver dams were, the ducks would show up. They also kept the willows cut back where we liked to fish.

BKB

DeputyDog
07-31-2016, 12:18 PM
I almost didn't watch this.

When I was about 16, I had a cousin the same age. They were remodeling their house and were burning some of the old lumber and stuff. He went out to get the fire started by pouring gas on the pile. What no one knew is that it was still smoldering at the bottom. It ignited and came back towards him and the can. He threw the gas can and tried to get away but the can ignited and exploded a short distance out of his hands. He got 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 85% of his body. The doctors thought he might make it since he lived almost two months before an infection killed him.

Ever since then, I don't mess with fire and gas.

BarryBobPosthole
07-31-2016, 12:30 PM
Its just that easy. We've all done stuff like that and got away with it, but its still dangerous nonetheless. It reminds us we aren't bulletproof, just mainly lucky I guess. Or maybe there is something to that guardian angel business. If so, mine has been busy as a bee for 62 years.

BKB

Thumper
07-31-2016, 05:27 PM
Mine worked some major overtime until I was about 57-58 years old. I've purty much been givin' her a rest break since then. ;)