PDA

View Full Version : Sock talk

LW
12-20-2012, 08:32 PM
On my trip to Tulsa today I had to stop by Dicks Sporting Goods. While in the checkout line, they had socks made by Yak Trax called "cabin socks". They are a wool blend and are on sale buy 1 get 1 free. The wife talked me into buying a couple of pairs for around the house. These things are to die for. My feet have never been happier. If you have a Dicks Sporting Goods near you, run don't walk to the nearest one and try these.

HideHunter
12-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Interesting. I'm a believer in "good" socks. A few years ago I got on the "Smart Wool" kick. What a freaking joke. Them things don't last as long as flea market tube socks and the damn things are expensive. Scheels has their own brand. I believe these are the "Antelope" series (mid weight). Cheaper than Smart Wool and wear like iron. So "Cabin Socks"? do they have a sole on them or are they "socks"?

LW
12-20-2012, 09:38 PM
They are socks. They are more for wearing around the house and ultra comfortable. I will probably never wear them with a shoe or boot since I stick to under armour socks for work. These things are comfy.

Buckrub
12-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Dick's pulled their guns off the shelf. I ain't real happy with their hypocritical selves right now.

Plus, I got a ton of socks, a different type for every 10 degree temp shift, I think.

LJ3
12-20-2012, 10:21 PM
I have 6 pairs of those socks!

Cap'n, their gun collection SUCKED, no big loss. I think it was a financial decision more than a political one but I'm speculating. I think I saw like maybe, 3 people at the gun counter at the Dicks by me in the last few years.