PDA

View Full Version : My Last Salty Political Cumudgeondry of the Day (Polititat du Jour)

BarryBobPosthole
08-02-2016, 08:33 PM
So since I've been in my convalesance I've had to sit on my fat ass much more than normal and I prolly did the dumbest thing of all I turned on the TV. On CNN and Fox.

Here's what I've learned: The media is biased in the usual ways, CNN on the left, Fox on the right. But this election, they've added more surrogates from each candidate. These surrogates will defend their candidate even if that candidate were caught red handed fucking sheep. Both networks have a small stable of these surrogates. They might be radio talk show hosts, or college professors, or whatever. Blowhards. You get the picture.
Here's something else both big networks do: (i've never watched MSNBC to my knowledge in my entire life): they have hourly news shows and as they pass the baton to the next host, a new little panel of bullshitters from the stables show up to righteously defend their candidate, or usually just as stupidly attack the other candidate. The part that is really bad is both the attacks and the defnses are the lamest of the lame.
The candidates had nothing to do with this nonsense. The news networks did. And they copied one another. So the daily election coverage is like a marathon reality show with the same panelists each day trying to outdo one another with witty reparte about stupid fucking stuff. It is moronic, and it is addicting as hell. And after a while, if you don't bleed to death through the eyeballs, you get to know these panelists just like you get to know what jerks the millenials on Big Brother. And the host, is that hour's Julie Chng.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
08-02-2016, 08:39 PM
I can't tell you how happy I was to spend the last two weeks completely insulated from the primary bullshit.

Big Muddy
08-02-2016, 11:36 PM

Thumper
08-03-2016, 12:16 AM
Ha P-hole, what a coinky-dink. When I get in front of the tv, I set the channels on FOX and CNN ... then toggle back and forth. Sound familiar? And my opinion echos yours to a tee. That's almost scary! ;)

Chicken Dinner
08-03-2016, 05:23 AM
My goal for the day:

johnboy
08-03-2016, 01:33 PM
I constantly flip through all the news channels and have noticed one thing - it's all about Trump, all the time. Mrs. Clinton actually gets very little coverage by comparison, even on MSNBC.

LJ3
08-04-2016, 09:35 AM
I find it stunning that Clinton hasn't had a press conference in 250 days. I wouldn't either, if I were her. Why not just sit back and watch Donald implode? He's a self-defeating candidate.

Thumper
08-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Ain't it the truth? Sometimes I just want to grab him by the throat and yell STFU when he opens his mouth! The biggest problem I have is, IMHO, that dimwit is the best candidate running who has at least a chance of winning. Man-o-man, this is a totally FUBAR election year. :(