PDA

View Full Version : Posthole! You magnificent salty bastard!

LJ3
08-05-2016, 09:32 AM
Question. When you quit using nicotine lozenges, were you in danger of going back to smoking? I need to break this damn habit! I don't even know how many years it's been but I'm addicted to these damn things big time.

BarryBobPosthole
08-05-2016, 10:09 AM
I used them for two years! Ican tell you that going cold turkey off the lozenges was easier than any time I tried to quit cigarettes. I quit them on my birthday. I STILL find them sometimes when I go through a drawer looking for something or other.

Leading up to quitting them I did start to reduce how much I used them. The way I did that was to only keep one in my mouth for a couple of minutes, just enough to kick the initial urge.

Julie has been quit from smokes for almost 90 days now and she quit cold turkey. Did it with a DVD system by someone named Kerry Gaynor. She said its the easiest she's ever done.

Good luck!

BKb

and ps, to answer your question, I never had the urge to go back to smokes when I quit lozenges. When I had an urge it was always to find a lozenge. I looked at them kind of like a dip of snuff, only they didn't taste as good.

HideHunter
08-05-2016, 10:10 AM
I feel for you Len. I quit chewing (after 40+ years) on my birthday. Next March makes 6 years. People ask me if I miss it.. I say, "If I'm ever diagnosed with something terminal - I'm buying a bag on the way home." ;) I wasn't so much addicted to the nicotine as the "ritual".. and I just flat "liked" the 'baccer. ;) Good luck.

LJ3
08-05-2016, 10:26 AM
I've been on the losenges so long I can't remember when I quit smoking :) I use 4mg mini losenges now so I think I may step down to the 2mg deals and see how that goes for a while.

Thumper
08-05-2016, 11:08 AM
I was at an estate sale with my buddy today. While standing around awaiting the opening, he looked down at his phone, repeated the date and said, "Wow! I just realized I quit smoking 8 years ago, today!" Congrats to any of you who have stopped. I've never been addicted to anything in my life, so I really don't understand addiction, but I know it's real.

LJ3
08-05-2016, 11:27 AM
polishing the pope as much as you do is an addiction, dude.

Thumper
08-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Oh ....

BarryBobPosthole
08-05-2016, 01:22 PM
Squeezin' the weasel

And I forgot, but I did step down to 2 mg about a year before I quit 'em for good. You'll use a bunch for a while but just soldier through it.

BKB