PDA

View Full Version : I heard about this scam, then experienced it.....I think.....

Big Muddy
08-05-2016, 07:01 PM
I think I read about this scam, happening at some of the self-checkout counters at some W-M stores....if you pay in cash, the over-seer cashier of the machines can enter some sort of code, which shorts your change.....some folks will just grab their money from the money slot and leave, without counting their change(agreed, that's their fault).

After customer leaves, the cashier, then goes to the machine, punches in another code, which releases the money, and the cashier keeps it.

This exact thing happened to me twice this week at my local W-M....last Monday, their machine shorted me $40 bucks, then yesterday, it shorted me $60 bucks....fortunately, I have never trusted money machines, so I always spread out my change on top of the scanner, so their cameras can see that I haven't tried to pull a fast one, and pocket some of the money, then cry wolf.

In both cases, I had to call over the over-seer cashier, and she punched in a bunch of codes, and jai-lai, out comes the rest of my money....she didn't look happy about it, either.

Thumper
08-05-2016, 09:04 PM
I didn't even know the self-checkout counters dispensed change. (I use them also) Never really thought about it I guess. I use plastic 99.9999% of the time and I sometimes even forget these places deal in cash.