PDA

View Full Version : New paint

Chicken Dinner
08-12-2016, 07:23 AM
I finally bit the bullet last night. (Need to switch out to the soft top ASAP!)

BarryBobPosthole
08-12-2016, 07:49 AM
Those wheels remind me of the old Keystone Classics from back in he day! Nice! You trade your yota in for that?

BKB

Chicken Dinner
08-12-2016, 08:00 AM
No, I sucked it up and went with no trade. The Yota's an '04 and doesn't yet have 88k miles on it and I still want a truck in the stable. Plus, Matt's driving now. So, a third vehicle is handy. Got a good deal loaded with way more gizmos (leather, Nav, heated seats, remote start, etc.) than I unusually go for as they're getting close to the model year end.

Can't wait to go old school, the doors off and lay down the wind shied.��

BarryBobPosthole
08-12-2016, 08:49 AM
That's almost a luxurious as the cab of Cappy's tractor!

BKB

Big Muddy
08-12-2016, 08:55 AM
That's almost a luxurious as the cab of Cappy's tractor!

BKB

Well, almost....I bet Cap's tractor has that "drives itself" feature. ;)

Chicken Dinner
08-12-2016, 08:58 AM
If I got a tractor as nice as Cappy's, I'd have to work as hard as he does which ain't gonna happen!

Chicken Dinner
08-12-2016, 09:00 AM
I just drove into work and the ride is almost "nimble" compared to the Tundra.

Bwana
08-12-2016, 09:12 AM
Congrats on a fine looking ride.

Post more pics when you get her stripped down to cruise mode.

Thumper
08-12-2016, 10:18 AM
Nuttin' better'n that good ol' new car smell. Congrats! (looks like a mini-Hummer)

LJ3
08-12-2016, 10:54 AM
Nice! We got the Rubicon, loaded up just like yours is.

Alas, the fun has worn off and it's gonna get traded in after we move. 2 years is about what I figured once the little woman determined she should be in luxury SUVs. She loved it and got it out of her system and the box has been checked.

I thought about keeping it for me and making it a manly jeep, lifted, 35"s, etc. but I needs me a truck!

Chicken Dinner
08-12-2016, 01:43 PM
I hear ya, Len. I think we talked about it getting old after a bit. I admit to having a bit of a mid life crisis and wanting a convertible - badly. I tried to talk myself into a convertible sports car real hard. But, I haven't driven a "car" in over 30 years and I just didn't see starting now. These things seem to hold their value fairly well. So, hopefully ill do alright ifni want to get out igniting a couple of years.

Bwana
08-12-2016, 02:12 PM
"So, hopefully ill do alright ifni want to get out igniting a couple of years."

You are going to become a pyromaniac??

LJ3
08-12-2016, 03:20 PM
I hear ya, Len. I think we talked about it getting old after a bit. I admit to having a bit of a mid life crisis and wanting a convertible - badly. I tried to talk myself into a convertible sports car real hard. But, I haven't driven a "car" in over 30 years and I just didn't see starting now. These things seem to hold their value fairly well. So, hopefully ill do alright ifni want to get out igniting a couple of years.

Yeah they definitely hold value. We'll do just fine when we sell it and put something down more in line with my beautiful wifes automotive needs. The AC and heat in them these days is very impressive to me. They throw some damn air! So you can go topless and still crank the AC without cooking. Best of both worlds.

Arty
08-12-2016, 05:25 PM
No, I sucked it up and went with no trade. The Yota's an '04 and doesn't yet have 88k miles on it and I still want a truck in the stable. Plus, Matt's driving now. So, a third vehicle is handy. Got a good deal loaded with way more gizmos (leather, Nav, heated seats, remote start, etc.) than I unusually go for as they're getting close to the model year end. Can't wait to go old school, the doors off and lay down the wind shied.?003f?003f
Nice ride!
You can lay the windshield down on the new models?! Damn!

BarryBobPosthole
08-12-2016, 05:44 PM
There'll be an emergency room story here in a week or so.

BKB

Big Muddy
08-12-2016, 06:03 PM
Cars don't normally excite me, nor do sedans, nor do Chrysler products....but, a guy pulled up next to me at a red light a few days ago in one of these....2016 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Sedan....almost gave me a 1969 chubbie. ;)

Bad azz road test----https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luKvUfGDmoQ

LJ3
08-12-2016, 10:12 PM
The Hellcat is crazy. I always wondered if there was such thing as too much horsepower. The hellcat is close :) If you're going 75mph and you punch it and can smoke the tires and come to a standstill, you may have too much horsepower... I'd take one in a second!

BarryBobPosthole
08-12-2016, 10:16 PM
I like the looks of those Challengers and Chargers, but I've rented one or two of them and the road noise was horrible in them. Its like riding a skateboard on a dirt road.
I wasn't impressed behind the wheel. They do look good on the road though.

BKB

LJ3
08-12-2016, 10:23 PM
I've ridden in an SRT and it was a very nice ride to me. I wonder if the different suspension makes a difference. Having driven trucks my whole life I don't like sitting that low and having such short windows. Freaks me out a little.

Captain
08-13-2016, 09:20 AM
Nice ride there CD! I bet Matt thinks that will be some prime chick habitat right there! :D

BarryBobPosthole
08-13-2016, 09:22 AM
I was gonna ask what the back seat looked like but didn't want to turn it into a Thump post.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
08-13-2016, 10:23 AM
I think he's already figured there's more room to maneuver in the back of my pick up.

Chicken Dinner
08-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Nice ride! You can lay the windshield down on the new models?! Damn!

I'm pretty sure you can in yours as well if you have those rubber knobs and tie down bar on your hood. It definitely involves tools and 15-20 minutes of time. (There's videos of it in YouTube.) But, you would look pretty cool scooting down the beach with the windshield down.

Arty
08-13-2016, 11:30 AM
I'm pretty sure you can in yours as well if you have those rubber knobs and tie down bar on your hood. It definitely involves tools and 15-20 minutes of time. (There's videos of it in YouTube.) But, you would look pretty cool scooting down the beach with the windshield down.
Yes I would.. Wearin' nothing but spandex

Chicken Dinner
08-13-2016, 11:36 AM
Yes I would.. Wearin' nothing but spandex

You mean a spandex banana hanger, right?

BarryBobPosthole
08-13-2016, 11:37 AM
Note to self: Bring Lysol if you ride with Artie.

BKB

LJ3
08-13-2016, 09:29 PM
There isn't enough lysol.

Back seats of the jeep are ok, not for road trips though. They sit you up straighter than you'd like. At least that's the complaints we hear coming from that direction before we turn the stereo up.

Arty
08-15-2016, 08:13 PM
You mean a spandex banana hanger, right?
Of course!

Arty
08-15-2016, 08:18 PM
There isn't enough lysol. Back seats of the jeep are ok, not for road trips though. They sit you up straighter than you'd like. At least that's the complaints we hear coming from that direction before we turn the stereo up. True story. Hank - if you plan to haul the kids around. You NEED THESE. They'll take about 30 minutes to install. You'll need a 18m socket (I think it was 18 ), and a decent size breaker bar (the factory bolts are TIGHT). These are basically big shims that go underneath the back seats... And gives you about a 1 1/2 inch recline. Factory they are STRAIGHT upright and very uncomfortable. These make it all better. Trust a brother. You to Len if your wife is keeping hers. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01BCO5YEE/
Step by step instructions that even Kribbs could follow. Pictures and eerything

Chicken Dinner
08-15-2016, 09:23 PM
Is it just a spacer where the front of the seat bolts to the floor? It's hard to tell from the pics.

Thumper
08-15-2016, 09:34 PM
Now, why wouldn't they simply design them that way in the first place?

Arty
08-16-2016, 06:16 AM
Is it just a spacer where the front of the seat bolts to the floor? It's hard to tell from the pics.
Yeah. Pull factory bolts from floor. Stick the shim (blocks) between seat mounts and floor.
Install the (longer than factory) provided bolt.

There's a total of 6

Thumper
08-16-2016, 07:47 AM
Oh, I see ... so the spacers basically lean the whole seat back a bit ... but doesn't change the actual angle of the seat back in relation to the bottom cushion. I'm assuming the original configuration was to provide a tad more practical storage behind the seats?

Arty
08-16-2016, 07:59 AM
Yeah basically.
You lose about and inch of storage in the back but not enough to notice.
It's a big time engineering screwup. They are so uncomfortable to sit in from the factory.
You lose so little area in the back that I can't imagine that would be the official answer if you were to ask Jeep.
These not only lean the back of the seat back, they also adjust the incline of the bottom part of the seat as well.