PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana flooding....

Big Muddy
08-17-2016, 10:10 AM
Guys, I've got several buddies down in LA, where the horrible flooding has occurred....Baton Rouge is now like a 3rd world country....so far, 40,000 homes have been inundated....a sheriff down there says that 75% of his parish(county) no longer exists....officials are predicting that the financial losses will make Katrina look like a rain shower.

Those folks need some serious prayers because the media is more concerned with politics, and Obama has a golfing date.

Just heard that some meteorologist estimated that the total rainfall from this flooding event was enough to supply all of the water usage for the entire New Orleans area for the next 345 years....day'um !!!

LJ3
08-17-2016, 10:35 AM
That is some crazy flooding. Saw some of the damage on the news last night. I can't imagine what that's like.

Big Muddy
08-17-2016, 10:40 AM
Contrary to what is perceived about the south, this is how southerners respond, down here.

quercus alba
08-17-2016, 10:45 AM
You see what kind of person you are by how you respond to a neighbor in need

Thumper
08-17-2016, 10:45 AM
All the while, the western U.S. is dry and burning. Maybe Trump can be the next Dwight D. Eisenhower. He put the netion to work building the Interstate Highway system. Maybe Trump can put everyone to work building the Interstate Pipeline system. Ya' got flooding here, pump it to a state where the crops are drying up or National Parks are on fire. Ha!

I've been in a flooding situation before, while helping a friend with his sandbagging effort. It's a helpless feeling as you can see the water rising and coming closer, but there ain't a dang thing you can do about it.

BarryBobPosthole
08-17-2016, 10:51 AM
It sure enugh looks bad down there. From what I've seen of flooding up close in the early 90s up in Missouri, the real work starts when the waters recede.
What a mess. I hope they can get everyone to safe places.

BKB

LJ3
08-17-2016, 01:41 PM
You see what kind of person you are by how you respond to a neighbor in need

It's a surefire way to see how people truly are. Watch how they treat people who can do absolutely nothing for them.

Big Muddy
08-17-2016, 02:01 PM
Our church is sending the local Salvation Army in Mansura, LA, a check for $300....we got a few folks that have had bad juju with the Red Cross in the past.