PDA

View Full Version : LJFS - 'Bout Friggin' Time!

LJ3
08-17-2016, 09:07 PM
Didn't catch anything of size but it was a good way to spend 90 minutes after work! Obama lure was used... then we moved on to some tube action.

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z_7tdFlaZ_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Captain
08-17-2016, 09:23 PM
I cannot believe I did not receive any credit for introducing you bunch of Lugnuts to the Obama lure, After me and Hammer smoked yalls ass with em'
Glad to see you get out. Wish I had been there to give you another lesson!

BarryBobPosthole
08-17-2016, 11:26 PM
That there looks like some prime smallmouth habitat!

BKB

Chicken Dinner
08-18-2016, 08:01 AM
Pretty good thunder boomers came through here last night. Having spent some time hunkered down in the canal bed because I didn't, I'm glad you got off the river in time.

LJ3
08-18-2016, 09:27 AM
The thunder was tailing away from me to the south so I stayed in the water a little longer. Made it to the truck and the sky opened up. I was pretty pleased with my timing :) I've hunkered down in the canal bed before and that was pretty damn scary. The randonmness of lightning is what gets my undivided attention.

Cap'n, I was gonna give you credit but I could remember the joke of why they were Obama lures!

Chicken Dinner
08-18-2016, 09:41 AM
I think they were Obama lures because somebody else paid for them and he got to use them.

Not to be a stickler and I'm sure you know this, but you were in Maryland the second you put a foot into that water. I do get and agree with your general point though...

LJ3
08-18-2016, 09:52 AM
I'm aware :) And it's no coincidence that as you walk to the maryland shore, the water gets nastier and visibility drops.

Thumper
08-18-2016, 09:59 AM
So, do you have to have an MD. out-of-state license? Or is that just a technicality that's generally ignored by Virginians?

Chicken Dinner
08-18-2016, 10:19 AM
There's an interstate agreement where Maryland honors a Virginia fishing license where the Potomac forms the border. You do need a Maryland hunting license if you want to hunt ducks in he river though.

Chicken Dinner
08-18-2016, 10:27 AM
It's actually pretty rare that a state border formed by a river isn't in the middle of the river. Here's a short write up on the history if you're interested.

http://oysterva.com/oyster-wars-potomac.html

Thumper
08-18-2016, 10:55 AM
Interesting. Yeah, my experience has always been a dividing line down the middle of the river on bordering states. We have a large lake in N. Florida (Lake Seminole) that borders Florida and Georgia. Back when I used to gator hunt with Tony (Gator), we'd many times have to call off the chase if a gator crossed to the Georgia side of the lake. It was a PITA, but he wouldn't gamble on getting busted. I understand his son took over the business after Gator passed away and I heard he lost it (the business) due to crossing the "border" while chasin' gators. (admittedly, that's pretty reliable third-party info, but sounds feasible).

BarryBobPosthole
08-18-2016, 11:21 AM
Our border with Texas is the Red river. Specifically, and this has been proved in court, its the south bank of the Red. So all of the water rights on the Red, including Lake Texoma, are owned by Oklahoma.

Can I just add a 'fuck you Texas' in here just for GPs?

BKb

DeputyDog
08-18-2016, 11:50 AM
Part of the borders of Indiana is rivers. The border between Indiana and Kentucky is the Ohio River and part of the border with Illinois is the Wabash River.

The problem is, over the course of time the rivers have changed their courses due to damming and just the natural occurrence of oxbows and the like, the state lines don't change so you can't always rely on the shorelines to determine which state you're in.

LJ3
08-18-2016, 11:50 AM
If you add Maryland to the 'fuck you' I support your 'fuck you' most wholeheartedly.

airbud7
08-18-2016, 02:53 PM
The savannah river is the border between SC and Georgia and they just recently passed a law that SC or Georgia
DNR could write a ticket for an offence ie:no fishing licence/life jacket and they could pay it later in court...

Before this law it was cash on the spot only.

LJ3
08-18-2016, 03:49 PM
If you add Maryland to the 'fuck you' I support your 'fuck you' most wholeheartedly.

Just noticed something. Martin guitar players have attitude problems.