PDA

View Full Version : Firestick or other Streaming Knowerabouters

BarryBobPosthole
08-20-2016, 10:38 AM
So, my cable contract is up in September and I've been messing around with my smart tv trying to figure out what a Amazon firestick might do for me. In short, I can't see what it does that my TV doesn't already do, other than the remote and voice remote and so on. The bottom line for me is I can't stream Cardinal baseball on either the firestick or on my smart tv if the game is blacked out in my area, which it is almost 100% of the time.
Someone told me to look on EBAY for a jailbroken firestick and I'd be able to stream practically everything. They're about $70 bucks on Ebay. So, whats the scoop on these things? Do they work? Are the tv cops gonna come get me? Can I get blacked out broadcasts?

BKB

Thumper
08-20-2016, 11:46 AM
The bottom line for me is I can't stream Cardinal baseball on either the firestick or on my smart tv ... BKB

Consider yourself LUCKY! Heck, sit on the front porch and watch the grass grow ... that would be more exciting anyway! :D

BarryBobPosthole
08-20-2016, 12:01 PM
Well my main deal is to get rid of most of this $200 a month frigging cable bill.

You know how us tightwad old retirees are. I could buy a lot of minners for that.

BKB

Big Muddy
08-20-2016, 04:02 PM
Since you mention it, Phole, how do I go about streaming my g'son's high school football games to my smart tv??? We been just watching it on my pc, but would like to stream it to the tv.

Hombre
08-20-2016, 04:40 PM
HDMI your pc to the TV and stream it