PDA

View Full Version : Great supper

Bwana
08-20-2016, 10:39 PM
There was a seafood truck in town yesterday, boil-time tonight.

Corn, potatoes, mussels, shrimp, & scallops. Good stuff!

BarryBobPosthole
08-20-2016, 10:51 PM
Now that looks larrupin!

BKB

Big Skyz
08-20-2016, 11:36 PM
Looks good.

Captain
08-21-2016, 07:34 AM
I could mess up a pile of the shrimp! I bet y'all enjoyed that!

quercus alba
08-21-2016, 08:07 AM
boiled shrimp is like eating crawdads, way too much work for way too little meat. these old arthritic fingers don't work good anymore. Now if someone else is skinning them for me that's a different story.

Thumper
08-21-2016, 08:52 AM
I'm with Q/A! Crab, peel-n-eat shrimp ... even lobster (unless just a tail that has been split) .. I refuse to eat because it's just too danged much work. Luckily, 99% of the times I encounter these foods, Lynn is with me and does all the peeling/cleaning/ etc. then places the meat ONLY on my plate. :D

When I eat, I want to EAT ... not play "wood carver". Heck, I even avoid a dang T-bone steak 'cause I hate trimming around that PITA bone! I will suffer through a nice Porterhouse though ... same as a T-bone actually ... just a bigger "filet" side. Basically, I prefer a big ol' ribeye or even a New York strip.

The above does look good though ... as long as Lynn is there to peel my shrimp and butter my corn! (she'd eat the clams, I won't touch 'em)

HideHunter
08-21-2016, 10:43 AM
Looking *gooood* bwana. I can shuck 'em .. *fast*.. same way with crab legs.. Learned to eat crawdads from a name I think some of you will recognize.. Billy Joe Cross. Didn't know him from Adam. He was sitting at the next table and heard me ask, "How the hell do you eat these things?" Next thing I know he was at table-side giving lessons. ;)

Chicken Dinner
08-21-2016, 10:51 AM
Pair that with some ice cold beer and you've got a perfect summer evening right there. We did just that with a mess of crabs and shrimp last night as well.

johnboy
08-21-2016, 11:03 AM
I'd eat that!

Big Muddy
08-21-2016, 11:31 AM
You goobs just don't know how to eat mudbugs, etc.....Cap and I need to put on a mudbug-eating exhibition for you dufes. ;)