PDA

View Full Version : Well, that was pretty much expected.

Thumper
08-23-2016, 12:50 PM
We were supposed to go to Istanbul as one of our cruise ports next month, but with all the b/s going on over there, the stop was cancelled and replaced by a couple more ports in Greece. We still had a couple of port cities in Turkey to visit, but they were quite a ways east of Istanbul around the hump toward Syria. Ha! Well, I just received an email informing me that as of now, ALL stops in Turkey have been cancelled and will be replaced by a trip to Albania instead. So, now it'll be Italy, Greece and Albania. Dang ISIS MF'ers! ALL cruise lines have cancelled all stops in Turkish ports for ... at minimum ... the remainder of the year. That's got to hurt Turkey's pocketbook, so maybe they'll get tough with those bastards and run 'em out'ta there!

Big Muddy
08-23-2016, 01:52 PM
Some places in Albania are nice....personally, I like Tuscaloosa....ohhhhhhh, thought you said Alabamia. ;););)

(hahahaha)

DeputyDog
08-23-2016, 02:46 PM
That coastline of Albania and Croatia are beautiful and very historic.

When we did a Med cruise we hit a couple ports in Croatia and it was impressive. Too bad that Turkey was cancelled. We were in Izmir which is quite a was south east of Istanbul and really liked it.