PDA

View Full Version : A first for me

jb
08-24-2016, 06:45 PM
Ever since I can remember I've been subject to back pains. Not all the time, but usually a few times a year. They started out as lower back pains but as I grew older it moved to the upper back, shoulders and neck.
Most of the time they were treated with home remedies, cold packs then a heating pad and some muscle relaxers from my Doc, these worked most of the time, but in time I found a Chiropractor helped more.
This latest bought brought on by spending to much time seated in front of this puter didn't respond to any of the above, so out of desperation I went to Massage Therapy.
Spent a full hour getting this old fat body kneaded like bread dough, everything from the waist up, down the arms, hands, fingers and neck.
Now before you all think of Thump, this was a legit therapist. She knew what she was doing and after an hour most of the pain is gone and things are pretty much back to normal. We'll see how I feel in the AM
May have to add this treatment to a regular schedule.:wink

Thumper
08-24-2016, 07:20 PM
Hey! ALL my massages are legit. Here's my regular masseuse! Trust me ... she's a professional! ;)

https://airbitz.co/media/CACHE/images/business_images/massagehot/73da424f6639f6b3b45f0f768024a9f9.jpg

BarryBobPosthole
08-24-2016, 08:06 PM
I do love stories with a happy ending.

BKB

Thumper
08-24-2016, 08:07 PM
:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

LJ3
08-24-2016, 08:31 PM
I'm right there with ya JB. I get spasm that range from debilitating and can't move, to just really annoying and painful. The only things that's knocked them completely out is when my doc gives me a shot of Demerol and knocks me the hell out. The muscles release in my drugged stupor and it's like it never happened when I wake up. He won't do that unless I'm really hurtin'. 2nd best is chiropractor but my insurance doesn't cover it any more. Massage has worked a couple times but sometimes it has the opposite affect and makes it worse.

I wish you and your back well!

BarryBobPosthole
08-24-2016, 08:39 PM
Have either of you dufi ever tried a TENS unit? It an electronic gizmo that has usually four little sticky pad electrodes you put on either side of the affected area and it electrically stimulates the muscles in your back. It works. At least it did for me. I lifted the front of my ZTR to stick a jackstand under the front and jack my lower back up good. That TENS saved my life on that one. I couldn't walk across a room without a jolt of muscle spasms knocking me on the floor.
Get a good one. They're only $50. you'll thank me.

BKB

LJ3
08-24-2016, 09:18 PM
My chiro used it on me as part of the deal. Sometimes it worked but they were doing so many other things at the same time I'm not sure if they jacked me up by doing something else. Maybe I'll try it at home

Thumper
08-24-2016, 10:17 PM
Can you say "medicinal marijuana" boys and girls? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
08-24-2016, 11:02 PM
That works a little. But that little box turned all the way up to eleven will give you relief you didn't know was possible. I ain't kidding.

BKB

DeputyDog
08-25-2016, 09:19 AM
Those TENS are awesome!