PDA

View Full Version : Cougar close to the property!

Sunshine
08-25-2016, 12:40 AM
Neighbor, at our property, just sent me these pictures she caught on her camera.
We think it's the same cat that attacked another neighbor's dog.
Luckily the owner was close and the dog was ran to the vet. He made it ok. Lots stitches and put up a good fight!
Grabbed him by the head right off a back deck! Then it came back hours later and laid under a tree just off the property line.
They called the Dept of Wildlife people and the cougar took off.
Looks like they need to be called again.

Sure not happy to see this.

Neighbors property is visible across the highway from our property.
Wonder if he's on any of my cameras!! Hope not!

Chicken Dinner
08-25-2016, 05:38 AM
You better keep our buddy Lamont close at hand if you've got those sneaking around.

Thumper
08-25-2016, 08:07 AM
Here kitty kitty kitty! If he were around here, Lynn would have him living in the house within 60 days! You'd better keep Vermont in the house for a while! (No, spellcheck didn't do that) :)

LJ3
08-25-2016, 10:00 AM
That's a big friggin' cat! I'd be torn between fascination and planning it's demise.

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2016, 10:04 AM
.....sez the resident cougar.

BKB

airbud7
08-25-2016, 10:12 AM
That's a big friggin' cat! I'd be torn between fascination and planning it's demise.

Me too LJ...don't let the grand kid's play in the yard. that is a big cat.

Bwana
08-25-2016, 05:07 PM
So is there a cat season in Washington?

Looks to me like you should pay the cost for me to drive to your place, I could pick up Big Sky on the way, and do a little predator control for you. Hell, I would even be willing to reduce the elk population so your deer don't have to compete with them for food too.

Be careful.

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2016, 05:15 PM
Better bring the pussy cats inside! Old Tom is on the prowl!

BKB

Hombre
08-25-2016, 05:53 PM
There is a season but no dogs allowed.....I've never tried but been told several times that calling in cougars is a very tough game.

LJ3
08-25-2016, 05:54 PM
I'd be worried that fucker would creep up behind me and the best I could hope for would be that human feces repels them at the last minute.