PDA

View Full Version : The Latest Trend In Oklahoma

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2016, 09:19 AM
The state has already reach an agreement with the Cherokees, the largest tribe here, and the Choctaws are next. Not sure where the Creeks and Osages are in the queue, but they can't be far behind.

I'm not sure I'm against the idea of it, but in a state with so many native folks
i have to wonder how the Dept of Wildlife will fund what it needs to. Licenses have to be one of the major revenue sources.

BKB

http://newsok.com/choctaw-nation-close-to-obtaining-fishing-hunting-compact/article/5515254

Chicken Dinner
08-25-2016, 09:26 AM
Probably worth it even at $2/head since they also got an agreement that the tribes have to obey all wildlife regulations, etc.

airbud7
08-25-2016, 10:20 AM
WTF...You can't charge a indian to fish...

White man ain't right.

DeputyDog
08-25-2016, 07:49 PM
I don't know about there but we used to sell lifetime hunting and fishing licenses in Indiana. They sold really well because they paid for themselves in just a few years.

They discontinued it even after raising the price substantially. The reason given was that the federal funding they receive is based on annual license revenue.

Sounds like that could end up being an issue if large numbers take advantage of this proposal.