PDA

View Full Version : So while contemplating my navel....

BarryBobPosthole
08-30-2016, 04:42 PM
I came up with a 'I wonder' question.
So I'll pose it to you bunch of retreads.

So there's a big bulge of us Baby Boomers clogging up the system and wreaking all kinds of havoc.
Social security, un-fucking-employment numbers, you name it.

So I was wondering. When did the Baby Boomer Boom end? When will the egg pass throgh the snake, so to speak? Will there be a surplus of stuff since we're no longer around? Will the population decrease?

So these worrysome bastards can worry about somethng else.

I was just wondering.

Thumper
08-30-2016, 06:12 PM
I don't have an answer for you, but thank you for reminding me of something I've wondered about for years, but never thought to research it when I was near a computer with nothing else to do. I've always wondered if sign language (as in for the deaf) is universal. I mean, why have 50 different languages? Just learn one language and ALL deaf people could sign with each other. Makes sense to me. I just looked it up ... nope, just like the spoken language, sign language is different all over the world. That seems stupid to me. Why not teach ALL the deaf the same language? Oh well, thanks for answering MY question for me ... well, at least for reminding me to look it up. I'm just gonna go back to checking my naval for lint. ;)

Big Muddy
08-30-2016, 06:33 PM

I'm pretty sure this one is a universal sign. ;)

quercus alba
08-30-2016, 06:34 PM

jb
08-30-2016, 07:21 PM
1946 to 1964, so being born in 1944 I'm a war baby.
So all you boomers can for F@#% yourselves. :wink

DeputyDog
08-30-2016, 07:26 PM
There won't be a surplus because you Boomers will use it all up and leave nothing for those of us left behind.

BarryBobPosthole
08-30-2016, 07:50 PM
You'll get your inheritance, don't you worry your pointed little head.

Of course, it'll be in Bitcoin. But its worth somethng!

BKB

LJ3
08-30-2016, 09:06 PM
I don't have an answer for you, but thank you for reminding me of something I've wondered about for years, but never thought to research it when I was near a computer with nothing else to do. I've always wondered if sign language (as in for the deaf) is universal. I mean, why have 50 different languages? Just learn one language and ALL deaf people could sign with each other. Makes sense to me. I just looked it up ... nope, just like the spoken language, sign language is different all over the world. That seems stupid to me. Why not teach ALL the deaf the same language? Oh well, thanks for answering MY question for me ... well, at least for reminding me to look it up. I'm just gonna go back to checking my naval for lint. ;)

Every country has its own sign language. Sorry to disappoint you :)

I was born in 62 so all the rest of the boomers will have taken all my shit afore I can get any.

Chicken Dinner
08-30-2016, 09:12 PM
Every country has its own sign language. Sorry to disappoint you :) I was born in 62 so all the rest of the boomers will have taken all my shit afore I can get any.

'63 so we're the last pigs at the trough. Better eat up while we can.

BarryBobPosthole
08-30-2016, 10:05 PM
Well, the '64's are 52 years old. So they'll exit the work force en masse in about ten years. What do the numbers look like beyond that? Is that baked in the pie already?

Can we make money off of this?

BKB

airbud7
08-30-2016, 10:45 PM
'63 so we're the last pigs at the trough. Better eat up while we can.

'64 here...I'm eating bro/ life is good here....