PDA

View Full Version : Attention cooler needers....

Captain
08-31-2016, 05:27 PM
The cooler in this ad is the shit. I bought two of these about 6 months ago because we need a small "Rodie" size cooler. They are a steal at this price.
The little dove seat on top snaps off and is cool and all that but not the cats ass. Just take it off and use it once In a bluemoon. The cooler however is the same size as the Yeti Rodie and is every bit as good as the yeti. The Yetis we have are too big to carry out on the beach, thus the need for a smaller one. Mrs Captain and I were more than impressed with this cooler.
Just thought I'd pass along a good deal...

BarryBobPosthole
08-31-2016, 06:14 PM
Who's got 'em on sale? You forgot that part! Would thT be a good canoe cooler?
BKB

airbud7
08-31-2016, 06:26 PM
Bass Pro....http://weekly-ads.us/bass-pro-weekly-ad-708?gclid=Cj0KEQjwgJq-BRCFqcLW8_DU9agBEiQAz8Koh0ArMwHOPkpCjaYQITr5A5JD_9 X9BOVxJbqyCGUX4AQaAlcm8P8HAQ

Captain
08-31-2016, 06:59 PM
Thanks AirBud... I figured the REDHEAD clue at the top of the add would be enough for the average Goodhunter to figer' out. But I forgot Posthole lost a kidney and some of his noticing skills....
Yes Posthole it would be a great canoe cooler. It really hold some ice, and is small enough to tote....

Thumper
08-31-2016, 07:31 PM
I figured the fact you WORK there would be enough of a clue. ;)

Captain
08-31-2016, 07:42 PM
I figured the fact you WORK there would be enough of a clue. ;)

Bingo.... I guess we are going to have to take noticer points away from Postyhole and give them to Thumper!

airbud7
08-31-2016, 08:00 PM
Bingo.... I guess we are going to have to take noticer points away from Postyhole and give them to Thumper!

Hey wait a minute! ...I figured it out before Thump!...Yet y'all still give Thump the noticer points! /WTF?....Grrrrrrrrr

Captain
08-31-2016, 08:10 PM
You are correct AirBub. You and Thump get to split Posty's noticer points.

airbud7
08-31-2016, 08:17 PM
What? ...Split?....Why I gotta split my points with Thump?

Edit: I demand an official hearing on this matter....

BarryBobPosthole
08-31-2016, 08:25 PM
How was I to know that redhead didn't mean red head? I mean red heads have scent issues too.

BKB

Arty
08-31-2016, 08:34 PM
What? ...Split?....Why I gotta split my points with Thump? Edit: I demand an official hearing on this matter....
Thump keeps the books here... So even if Cappy have you all of them, thump would end up with his share anyway. It's just how he mills the corn.

Arty
08-31-2016, 08:36 PM
I could do the right thing and google it... But how big is this here cooler?
Hold 6 cans? 12? 12 with ice?

airbud7
08-31-2016, 08:51 PM
Thump keeps the books here... So even if Cappy have you all of them, thump would end up with his share anyway. It's just how he mills the corn.

But! But!....That's communism I tell ya ^....plain old fashion communism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QvMe2oWpyw

LJ3
08-31-2016, 10:01 PM
I heard someone say that the Yeti patent ran out and there's a few companies putting out the same quality. Any a you "noticers" ( and I use that term quite loosely) know anything about this?

BarryBobPosthole
08-31-2016, 10:10 PM
From what I hear they work just a good as the high dollar ones.

BKB

Arty
08-31-2016, 10:17 PM
I heard someone say that the Yeti patent ran out and there's a few companies putting out the same quality. Any a you "noticers" ( and I use that term quite loosely) know anything about this?
My wife bought a $10 Walmart brand cup that looks just like my $40 yeti cup (30 ounce).

We did TWO side by side tests in different conditions. 1st test was on the counter top side by side overnight. Same amount of ice. Same amount of water (measured equally). Next morning both had identical amount of ice left (by weight). And water in both were same temp ( within 2 degrees).

We performed same test above but left both side by side in the jeep for 4 hours. 95 degree day. Sunny. HOT.

Same results. BOTH had same ice left, water temp the same.

Basically I paid $30 more dollars for the same cup, except mine says "yeti" and hers doesn't.

Thumper
09-01-2016, 10:02 AM
Basically I paid $30 more dollars for the same cup, except mine says "yeti" and hers doesn't.

Which makes her brilliant, and you .... well, you know ........... :D

Thumper
09-01-2016, 10:03 AM
Watch yerself there Airhead ... you don't want to get on the bookkeeper's bad side! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-01-2016, 10:05 AM
Airbud, when Thumper puts on the green eye shade we all run like hell.

BKB

HideHunter
09-01-2016, 10:27 AM
My wife bought a $10 Walmart brand cup that looks just like my $40 yeti cup (30 ounce).

We did TWO side by side tests in different conditions. 1st test was on the counter top side by side overnight. Same amount of ice. Same amount of water (measured equally). Next morning both had identical amount of ice left (by weight). And water in both were same temp ( within 2 degrees).

We performed same test above but left both side by side in the jeep for 4 hours. 95 degree day. Sunny. HOT.

Same results. BOTH had same ice left, water temp the same.

Wifey and I did the same thing.. only I bought the cheap one. ;) Along that line, I'm hearing good things about the Ozark Trail cooler sold at wally world.