PDA

View Full Version : This SO sucks! (Murphy's Law)

Thumper
09-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Lynn's brother, SIL and their four kids are here from California for a week at Disney. They arrived Sunday evening and missed their dinner reservations because the plane was 4 hours late! (Good start!) We told them to call when they landed so we could meet them at their hotel (a Disney resort) as Disney is just a 30 minute drive for us. We took a large cooler, snacks, milk for the kids and baby, a couple cases of bottled water ... general stuff to make the stay easier or things they couldn't fly with.

Well, we met them, got them settled into their room and grabbed dinner at a local diner type place that was still open late (we didn't get home until 1:00 am). Of course, in the wee hours Monday morning (their first day at the park) the rain came in from the first hurricane we've had in 10 years and it hasn't let up since it started. Just a CONSTANT rain, all day and all night. It's supposed to clear up Saturday ... the day they leave!

I texted them yesterday afternoon and asked if they were having fun. Lynn's SIL took a pic and texted it to me. (there's a baby covered up in that stroller somewhere) Anyway, here is the "smiling" family from the "Happiest Place on Earth!" ;)

Man, I feel sorry for them. The kids were super excited to come here. I don't even want to know what they spent. Six round trip plane tickets from California, six nights in a pricey Disney resort, six 1-week Disney park passes, elebenty-bazillion meals at Disney prices (where a hot dog is $12), etc, etc. etc.

Are we happy yet? :( (Note: They get home Saturday and school starts Monday)

BarryBobPosthole
09-01-2016, 11:08 AM
What a bummer for those kiddos!

BKB

Thumper
09-01-2016, 11:12 AM
Yeah, I feel SO badly for them as they've been looking forward to this trip all summer. But, what'cha gonna do?

Arty
09-01-2016, 11:28 AM
The kids are probably having an OK time.
I feel sorry for the parents!

DeputyDog
09-01-2016, 11:55 AM
That sucks. Hopefully they are enjoying short lines.