PDA

View Full Version : Weekend plans gone astray

Arty
09-01-2016, 11:11 PM
Wife and I have had plans for the last month to spend a long weekend in Ocracoke, NC this weekend.

Wouldn't you know our luck, Aunt Hermine decided to go there, and the ferry is now shut down, and mandatory evacuation in effect for all visitors on the island.

Guess we will call the money a bad bet, and find something else to do close to home. We're gonna call the rental place tomorrow and see if they will reboot or refund the money on the house we rented. Im not getting my hopes up.

Pretty sure my wife won't go for "well let's just cuddle on the couch all weekend".

Maybe we can hit the new Field and Stream store that just opened up down here.

Hurricanes. Just my luck.

quercus alba
09-01-2016, 11:48 PM
we don't have hurricanes in Arkansas. We do have swarms of big old salt water mosquitoes that hit with the force of an F-3. and some surly old cottonmouths as thick as the calf of your leg. and loggerhead chiggers that won't turn loose till it thunders.

not sure which is worse. Oh did I mention the 90 degree days during the November deer season?

Thumper
09-02-2016, 05:06 AM
Pretty sure my wife won't go for "well let's just cuddle on the couch all weekend".

Can you really blame her? :huh

That sucks actually. It's been raining here since early Monday with no let-up in sight ... in fact, we have a major thunder-boomer going on right now that's dumping buckets of rain. As stated in another thread, Lynn's family has been here at Disney all week. Talk about a ton of money and excitement going into the toilet. Hope you can recoup some of your investment.

LJ3
09-02-2016, 07:08 AM
go inland to a cheap hotel order good thai food and eat on the bed nekkid. Or at least get her to. You keep your danskins on.

Arty
09-02-2016, 07:40 AM
we don't have hurricanes in Arkansas. We do have swarms of big old salt water mosquitoes that hit with the force of an F-3. and some surly old cottonmouths as thick as the calf of your leg. and loggerhead chiggers that won't turn loose till it thunders. not sure which is worse. Oh did I mention the 90 degree days during the November deer season?
Sounds like you are describing some foreign country.

Arty
09-02-2016, 07:41 AM
You keep your danskins on. I had bought a brand new pair just for the trip. Had the crotch custom tailored and everything.

Arty
09-02-2016, 07:42 AM
Can you really blame her? :huh That sucks actually. It's been raining here since early Monday with no let-up in sight ... in fact, we have a major thunder-boomer going on right now that's dumping buckets of rain. As stated in another thread, Lynn's family has been here at Disney all week. Talk about a ton of money and excitement going into the toilet. Hope you can recoup some of your investment. you are right. The money we had in that pales in comparison to your story. I'd guess Lynn's has 10,000 in that trip. Easily.

BarryBobPosthole
09-02-2016, 07:46 AM
I had bought a brand new pair just for the trip. Had the crotch custom tailored and everything.

Hope you remembered to sew the pouch for the potato in front this time!

BKB

Bwana
09-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Sorry to hear your plans had to be scrubbed. That sucks.

LJ3
09-02-2016, 09:12 AM
Get a weekend package at the Greenbriar or Homestead in Hot Springs. It's a little spendy but will score you the most important kind of points that exist ifyouknowhatimeanandiknowthatyoudo. Both places have amazingly good restaurants and plenty of activities to keep you busy if you want to be busy.

Homestead is nice and relaxing and has a very interesting history.
https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/homestead-virginia?gclid=CLvejM7g8M4CFQIHaQodAsgOmg

Same for the Greenbriar. Both places have cool historical tours of the place.
http://www.greenbrier.com/

Arty
09-02-2016, 09:17 AM
Get a weekend package at the Greenbriar or Homestead in Hot Springs. It's a little spendy but will score you the most important kind of points that exist ifyouknowhatimeanandiknowthatyoudo. Both places have amazingly good restaurants and plenty of activities to keep you busy if you want to be busy. Homestead is nice and relaxing and has a very interesting history. https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/homestead-virginia?gclid=CLvejM7g8M4CFQIHaQodAsgOmg Same for the Greenbriar. Both places have cool historical tours of the place. http://www.greenbrier.com/

Sounds awesome! Just text me your credit card number!

LJ3
09-02-2016, 09:23 AM
Both places have weekend getaway packages that are reasonable for what you get. I have Cap'ns CC info. Will that work for you?

Thumper
09-02-2016, 09:53 AM
Sounds awesome! Just text me your credit card number!

Heck with that! We don't keep secrets at G/H ... just post it here. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-02-2016, 09:56 AM
You're all pussies!

Order an extra large pizza you can eat on all weekend, buy about a dozen bottles of wine for her, a bottle of brown liquor for you, send the kds to grandmas, and get ready for some college football!

Puss. (not pus, CD)

BKB

Chicken Dinner
09-02-2016, 10:22 AM
go inland to a cheap hotel order good thai food and eat on the bed nekkid. Or at least get her to. You keep your danskins on.

Man, have times changed. 30 years ago that Thai food would have been an 8-ball of blow. The rest still stands....

Egghead
09-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Well, since you're going to be around, give a holler if you think of something fun to do. Looks like we're going to head that way for the weekend anyway. I figure I can still wear the kid and his friend down with biking so long as we don't get blown over, and I'm going surf fishing if I can.

LJ3
09-02-2016, 10:57 AM
Man, have times changed. 30 years ago that Thai food would have been an 8-ball of blow. The rest still stands....

Hehehehe... No comment! Good times!

Thumper
09-02-2016, 11:48 AM
Ha! Ain't tellin' me nuttin'! 30 years ago I was working in Beverly Hills and Hollywood! The stuff wasn't much different than finding a bowl of peanuts on the bar at your favorite hang-out. Go to ANY party and there were lines laid out on the coffee tables or at minimum, there'd be a mirror laid out in the restroom. Crazy days .... thanks, now I'm feelin' OLD. :(