PDA

View Full Version : First time

Bwana
09-06-2016, 05:50 PM
As noted earlier, I will be headed to Philadelphia this weekend for a conference next week. My wife has been asking this whole time what I want to do while we are there, but nothing really came to mind other than seeing a few of those items of historic significance that OODLES of others will be there to see also. ( FYI - I hate crowds )

Well, it seems I had better learn to deal with it as the Missus just bought tickets to the Eagles game where hometown boy, Carson Wentz, will be starting his first regular season football game!

I've never been to an NFL game before but since we are going to be in town and since my oldest son played high school football on the same team with him, and since Carson lead NDSU to several FCS Championships, it seems only right for us to go.

Wish me luck and if you watch the game look for 3 Nodakians wearing NDSU apparel.

Chicken Dinner
09-06-2016, 07:06 PM
All I can say is that it's a good thing you'll be rooting for the Iggles.😎

Seriously, have fun.

Big Skyz
09-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Hey I'd jump at the chance to watch an NFL game. I've been to one pro baseball game and a bunch of NBA games but never a pro football game. The strange part is I don't really care that much for baseball or basketball, but love football.

LJ3
09-06-2016, 09:06 PM
It's not something you'll soon forget! I love going to games, even to watch my Skins play :)

Chicken Dinner
09-06-2016, 09:40 PM
The thing in always struck by when at a game in person is how much time is spent waiting around for the TV timeouts to be over.

Bwana
09-07-2016, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I'm familiar with the TV timeout issues through the local state championship games I've attended here in-state.

I'm sure it will be an experience to remember and for those of you who get the Eagles game on TV, I can guarantee that there will be a TON of NDSU gold being sported by rabid fans of Carson Wentz' alma mater. (My wife, daughter, and I will be among them)

Arty
09-07-2016, 05:45 PM
Have fun!
Just FYI eagles fans are nasty.

Bwana
09-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Arty, I keep hearing that. Given my dislike for large crowds and even bigger dislike for disrespectful behavior...who do I call for bail money?

BarryBobPosthole
09-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Ask them if they know Jim Kribbs.

BKB

LJ3
09-07-2016, 06:29 PM
The Philadelphia stadium has its own jail, holding cells and magistrate on duty during games. Their reputation is valid.

Arty
09-07-2016, 09:42 PM
Arty, I keep hearing that. Given my dislike for large crowds and even bigger dislike for disrespectful behavior...who do I call for bail money?
I'd say Kribbs knows a guy.
Hell he knows everyone.

Chicken Dinner
09-10-2016, 09:19 PM
I've got a friend who is dropping their son off at college in Philly this weekend and ran across this. Bwana, is that you on the right?

BarryBobPosthole
09-10-2016, 09:24 PM
He'd prolly be the whitest guy there.

BKB

Captain
09-11-2016, 08:26 AM
Thumper would be at the finish line sniffing bicycle seats.....

Bwana
09-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Looks like a sausage fest, I went to the football game where the scenery was more my style.