PDA

View Full Version : Save Our Souls Pussy Whipped!

BarryBobPosthole
09-07-2016, 11:09 AM
....the rallying cry of males everywhere.

So here's the deal. I am a pretty hard headed and assertive guy.

So why is it every time my wife has a day off, she ends up planning what I need to do that day? Now I love spending time with my sweet wife don't get me wrong. But why is it her schedule trumps my plans for the day?
It ain't just this woman. Its been every one of them i've dated, lived with, married, or genrally became good friends with. Their priorities are the only priorities.

So I've always just went along, and I'll prolly continue to go along, but it doesn't mean I don't grumble now and them.

BKB

Thumper
09-07-2016, 11:17 AM
Turn in your man-card. ;)

Captain
09-07-2016, 11:24 AM
It is a extremely rare case when Mrs. Captains plans trumps mine.
We plan vacations together and other than that we do our separate things.
I hunt and fish and work all the time and on a rare occasion she will what me to do something with her. I generally will unless it's opening day of something. :)

Chicken Dinner
09-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Ha! My pet peeve is the way I get sucked into every project or chore she says she's going to take on. If I say I'm going to do X around the house, I just go do it and it requires no involvement on my wife's part. For some reason, it never works out the other way around.

BarryBobPosthole
09-07-2016, 11:31 AM
Ha! My pet peeve is the way I get sucked into every project or chore she says she's going to take on. If I say I'm going to do X around the house, I just go do it and it requires no involvement on my wife's part. For some reason, it never works out the other way around.

I don't mind helping her with a project, in fact we make a really good team. We often bite off more than we can chew and many of our projects end up being twice as difficult as we planned (our friends even laugh and call them "Barry-Julie projects"). What really gets me is when I'm neck deep in something I have to get done, I'll get asked to drop whatever it is I'm doing and go 'assist' whatever it is she is doing.

And one more thing. Every tool she uses gets left exactly where it was when she was using it. She reminds me of me when I was a teenager. And she can't pass up a weed in a flower bed without stopping and pulling it out along with 10 others. And leave them where she threw them on my frigging grass. But they're not in the bed!

BKB

Chicken Dinner
09-07-2016, 11:46 AM
What really gets me is when I'm neck deep in something I have to get done, I'll get asked to drop whatever it is I'm doing and go 'assist' whatever it is she is doing. BKB This is what I'm mostly peeved about.

LJ3
09-07-2016, 01:05 PM
What a bunch of little bitches you guys are!

But, I can relate to all of the above, except Cap'n. Still haven't figured out how he got hisself situated like that unless he just married a pretty girl who just flat out doesn't really like him at all :)

Big Skyz
09-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Sorry BBP can't relate to your problem. Never has been an issue for us. If my wife wants to go do something on one of my days off she usually lets me know well in advance. Otherwise she knows I will likely be fishing, hunting, or working on one of the vehicles. I'm just not all that complex or hard to figure out when it comes to days off.

quercus alba
09-07-2016, 02:13 PM
All of you except Troy and Cappy

I do just what I want just when I want just how I want.

Once I've cleared it with my wife and finished my chores

LJ3
09-07-2016, 03:19 PM
I'm more in line with QA than the rest of you dufes :)

Chicken Dinner
09-07-2016, 03:30 PM
Um, remind me again when the last time you went hunting? Just curious...

LJ3
09-07-2016, 03:33 PM
That's a personal choice on my part :) I actually have family pressing me on producing some jerky and I owe Edley some too so I may have to go find a way to whack a doe here this year. Fishing, hiking and camping dominate my outdoor interests these days.

Nandy
09-07-2016, 06:00 PM

She does, you just dont know!!! lol!!!

Mine is the same, she plans what we are going to do both days we have off but I have told her since the beginning she only get one, so it is constant bickering about that. Also, when she says "we need to do (insert house chore)" it means me... Another occasional point of discontent... However, we are expert at making up!!! best part ever...

BarryBobPosthole
09-07-2016, 06:04 PM
This has morphed into a discussion about whether one's wife decides when a person goes hunting or fishing.

Let me point out at one can hunt and fish whenever one wants and as often as one wants, but still be a pussywhipped sumbitch when it comes to hanging around the house.

If one doesn't understand this, then I suspect one doesn't get laid much
And if I want Julie to know all this, I'll tell her myself, thank you.

BKB

LJ3
09-07-2016, 08:51 PM
So... To your original question, my woman and I plan our weekends together. Neither one of our wants trumps the other. If something is more important to one of us, the other knows this and gives a little. We usually have alone stuff and always do "us" stuff, too.

BarryBobPosthole
09-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Very cosmopolitan!

You do know you're a hipster yuppie don't you?

BKb

Nandy
09-07-2016, 10:03 PM
borderline metro-sexual too!!!! lol!

Hombre
09-07-2016, 10:20 PM
This is how I do

https://youtu.be/Z-4QFYZzLPg

LJ3
09-08-2016, 09:24 AM
I can't win. Around NOVA I'm a redneck and my redneck friends call me a yuppie. Stools have been shipped overnight to those of you who need them!

BarryBobPosthole
09-08-2016, 09:37 AM
Well, to be technical I called you a hipster yuppie. Hipsters are way cooler than your run of the mill yuppies.

So there's that to assuage your self esteem.
BKb

HideHunter
09-08-2016, 09:37 AM
We plan vacations together and other than that we do our separate things.
I hunt and fish and work all the time and on a rare occasion she will what me to do something with her. I generally will unless it's opening day of something. :)

and that is just pretty much how I do that.. almost to a t.. ;) except the "work" part..

BarryBobPosthole
09-08-2016, 09:39 AM
:wink. Maynard G Krebbs in retirement.

BKB

LJ3
09-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Well, to be technical I called you a hipster yuppie. Hipsters are way cooler than your run of the mill yuppies.

So there's that to assuage your self esteem.
BKb

I don't have a powerful enough facial hair presence to be a hipster in these parts. Plus I'm not an asshat that thinks I'm different by dressing like the other hipster asshats.

Dang, not fully redneck, not fully yuppie and not fully hipster. I need a new genus to which I can assign myself and know my true identity. I mean, how else can I self-identify to the point where I can see micro-aggressions aimed at me? Or something.

Thumper
09-08-2016, 10:37 AM
I can't win. Around NOVA I'm a redneck and my redneck friends call me a yuppie. Stools have been shipped overnight to those of you who need them!

Is that the same as "a/c - d/c"? ;)