PDA

View Full Version : Miniature Trip Report

BarryBobPosthole
09-20-2016, 08:37 AM
We left last Thursday and drove up Moscow Mills, Mo to attend the wedding of one of my neices and to visit with my wife's family. Len can attest to how much fun we have at these events. My brother from a different mother BIL and I worked two days to set up and break down stuff and had an awesome visit while doing our chores (and staying out of the way of the wimmins).
After the wedding stuff was over, we spent Sunday visiting a place called Hart Beet Farm ( http://www.hartbeetfarm.com/about.html ) that is owned and operated by my wife's sister and her family. Its a really cool vegetable farm that they built from the dirt up and they do everything from maple syrup to honey besides their produce business. My BIL, who is another brother from a different mother type of guy, and I had some talks about one of next year's projects, which has to do with corn, and no taxes, and copper tubing. All perfectly legal and for cleaning tools and such mind you.
Then we made the drive home yesterday. A full and long weekend. And most of it was just visiting. Entertaining ourselves with this group has never been a problem.
What a nice time!
BKB

Thumper
09-20-2016, 08:49 AM
Nice report and sounds like a great time was had by all. Welcome home!

LJ3
09-20-2016, 09:08 AM
Beware Posthole using the term "visiting". You'll wake up with a hangover more often than not :) Damn good people. though.

BarryBobPosthole
09-20-2016, 09:21 AM
They also loaded me up with a care package of a bunch of different peppers and beans and okra and the package included two interesting potted pepper plants that I will put outside and then overwinter in the house and then move back outside next year. I can't wait to experiment with cooking and making sauce with these. One is a peri peri and the other is called a fatali pepper.

BkB

Thumper
09-20-2016, 09:32 AM
Are those the ONLY plants you came home with? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-20-2016, 09:44 AM
Haha yep! But I buy locally, does that count?

BKB

Thumper
09-20-2016, 09:48 AM
Ok, you get a pass. ;)

Captain
09-20-2016, 04:23 PM
I have a special cleaner recipe and if you talk right and vote for Trump I'll pass it along to you for the extra heavy cleaning. ;)