PDA

View Full Version : eagle has landed

hotshot
12-22-2012, 09:54 PM
actually two eagles... Took my neighbor out duck hunting like I mentioned below. The ducks did not come closed to us. We did see numerous species through out the morning. I have a feeling we are in for some cold weather. We watched 3 different large groups of snow geese head south east way up in the air.
Saw some divers out in the main lake. We didn't get to where I wanted to sit- a second basin of the lake, due to very heavy whitecaps before daylight. The highlight of the day was watching two eagles come from behind us and float over the lake. One dropped down quickly and picked up a fish. He took it to a tree and chowed down, while the smaller eagle landed next to it. Actually I think the smaller eagel is usually a male.... not sure though.
We had a great morniong even though the three of us never even got our guns off safety. On the way home we drove around the lake and saw several large rafts of scaup. Some mallards showed us where we wanted to sit was the right spot... just too dangerous. The lakes are LOW. We had to walk the boat to the boat ramp because the water was too low for my motor to operate in.
Tomorrow is the last day of hoosier muzzleloadedr season. We actually have some cold weather to get the deer moving. I gotta wrap things up by 10 since ma-in-law is having dinner at noon.
Scott