PDA

View Full Version : The uncouth tyrant.....

Big Muddy
09-28-2016, 09:20 AM
A while back I was reading about a guy who was a very unlikable drunk....he was very out-spoken, and didn't care who he embarrassed....he had a fairly comfortable up-bringing, but rebelled against his family, as well as the establishment....he came along at a time of great world unrest, yet his confidence and strong temperament led him to become beloved by his country....he couldn't have been any further from mainstream politicians, at that time....yet, his heart was true to his country and had an undying love for his people....even with all his personality faults, he always spoke the truth, and never attempted to mislead his people.

With his unsophisticated personality and gruff nature, he was labeled an uncouth tyrant, yet even with a severe speech impediment, became one of history's greatest orators....and, even later, received the Nobel Peace Prize, and helped change the world.

Personally, I'm ready to take a chance on someone who really loves the USA, even though he has a ton of personality flaws, and is over-bearing, too out-spoken, and puts his foot in his mouth quite frequently....one thing I know for sure, his opposition is a confirmed habitual self-serving liar....I don't think he would intentionally lie or mislead the American people....jmho.

Oh yeah, the uncouth tyrant mentioned above was Winston Churchill.

BarryBobPosthole
09-28-2016, 09:29 AM
That was well said. The only point I'll take you up on is that independent, non-affiliated fact checkers have said that the majority of stuff that comes out of his mouth when speaking to the American people is bullshit. Lies, in other words. And interestly enough most that she says is true. So in the face of these fact, you still call her a liar and call him truthful.
I guess I'm more mystified by this than anything else.

But to each his own!

BKB

Chicken Dinner
09-28-2016, 09:38 AM
Donald Trump doesn't love anything but himself and the almighty dollar. Bless your heart if you think otherwise. (Please don't counter with something about Hilary as she's every bit, albeit in a different way, as despicable.)

Big Muddy
09-28-2016, 09:57 AM
My news service and fact-checkers say just the opposite of your's, about the lying....so, there ya go....and you're right, to each his own, and I stand firmly about my view, as I'm sure ya'll will, too....so, there ya go-----again. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-28-2016, 10:13 AM
The thing I'm mystified most by is how many people can look at the same information and yet come to a whole bunch of different conclusions. Granted, the 'information' is pretty diverse too, but I'm talking about all of our eyes and ears watched the same dog and pony show they called a debate and we saw totally different things.
I'm a child of the information age and I went afyer a career in telecom partly because I always knew I could be good in a technical field and partly because I truly thought telecom technology could make a huge positive impact on people. But it looks like more information has simply created more division.
The looking at things differently politically part isn't new though. I think that has always been there.

The positive outcome though is that if you look across our little slice of Americans here at Goodhunting, I think our values are remarkably the same but our politics are vastly different.
Which kind of tells me politics really don't mean as much as we'd imagine them to. (Larke told me that the first time I met him, I shoulda listened!)

BKB

Big Muddy
09-28-2016, 10:18 AM
Cap is a smart guy....maybe a tad short, but smart, none the less. ;)

Chicken Dinner
09-28-2016, 10:20 AM
To answer your question about the information age, I think the issue is that we're inundated with information with no real means to filter it for truth or accuracy. It's like drinking from a fire hose.

P.S. BM, I totally respect your right to be wrong about Trump.:D

Big Muddy
09-28-2016, 10:29 AM
As I do your's, about whatever ever blows your skirt up. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-28-2016, 10:31 AM
Who will provide the weekly Thump rants while he's out? We're gonna need a "You can't handle the truth" rant to clean out the pipes long before he gets back.

BKb

Big Muddy
09-28-2016, 10:47 AM
Ha, yep.....and, I bet he comes back 30 pounds heavier....he's gonna eat at every food joint that he walks past....I can just see him, now, walking down some cobbled street, with a greasy sausage in one hand, a cannoli in the other hand, and a loaf of homemade bread under each arm. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-28-2016, 10:52 AM
He probably eating crickets somewhere as we speak.

BKB

quercus alba
09-28-2016, 11:01 AM
He's probably cruising all those drive thru whore houses checking out the local the local trannys crop.

Chicken Dinner
09-28-2016, 11:24 AM
30lbs is only a drop in the bucket for ol' Thump!

BarryBobPosthole
09-28-2016, 11:37 AM
I'll bet he could give Miss Argentina a run for her money at the table.

BKB

Big Muddy
09-28-2016, 12:57 PM
Along those same lines....I read this morning that a scientific study in the UK determined that babies born with really big heads grew up to be exceptionally smart....Thump oughta be a day'um genius, then....that boy has gotta HUGE noggin !!!!

I'm pretty sure that's a 50 pound tater sack, he's wearing. ;) ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-28-2016, 01:07 PM
Its a melon!

BKB

Captain
09-28-2016, 01:17 PM
My news service and fact-checkers say just the opposite of your's, about the lying....so, there ya go....and you're right, to each his own, and I stand firmly about my view, as I'm sure ya'll will, too....so, there ya go-----again. ;)

Muddy, it's a waste of time to try to talk to Posthole about facts.
He is one of the people in this world that thinks it possible to pick up shit by the clean end..... :D