PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas Goodhunters!

BarryBobPosthole
12-24-2012, 09:35 AM
I hope you're all where you want to be and with who you want to be there with! Merry Christmas everyone!

BKB

LJ3
12-24-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm working on the where and the who but the girls and I will rock our Christmas and visit and eat and chill and play games and all will be well in the world. Don't have to be back to work till the 2nd so I'm looking forward to come chillin.

Merry Christmas Dufes!

Trav
12-24-2012, 10:31 AM
May you be blessed with love for your family, compassion to the needy, courage to stand up for yourself, unmatchable success and happiness in life and the ability to handle it. Merry Christmas

jb
12-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Got's the whole family coming over in the morning, brunch at #1's today, and dinner party with friends tonight.
I"m where I want to be and with whom I want to be with, lifes been good to the wife and I, that's about the best you can ask for.
Merry Christmas to all.

Arty
12-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Merry Christmas to all youse as well.
Don't forget what it's really about.

HideHunter
12-24-2012, 11:19 AM
and from the Iowa contingent. Merry Merry..

Buckrub
12-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Hope everyone has the best Christmas.

LJ3
12-24-2012, 12:13 PM
So... I got a little wake up call this Christmas. A good friend of mine is the embodiment of community service. She is active in her Church, Supports summer swim, manages teams, helps with High School swim, and runs a huge little league football league. She also uses her email contact lists to let everyone know about families that need some help, some compassion and is one of the nicest people I know...

So, she and her daughter volunteer at our local transitional housing center (homeless shelter). It's a center that takes in families with kids that have recently lost their income and housing and helps them get a roof back over their heads and a paycheck in their wallets.

She sent an email a couple weeks ago with a list of 15 boys and 17 girls ranging in ages from 7 months to 17 years old, and asked that we buy an extra gift, nothing big, for some kids that may not have much of a Christmas.

So that sort of hit me in the heart and and I got a couple presents for two of the 11 year old little girls at the shelter. Me being me, I missed the deadline to get the presents to her so I sent her an email asking where the place was and when I could drop them off. She gave me directions, and the girls names and off I went.

I get there and and am ashamed to admit the kind of people I was expecting to see. I don't have any experience helping folks who need a helping hand and for that, I am regretful. I also came away feeling pretty damn ignorant, spolied and selfish...

I digress. When I walked in I saw lots of families. Families with kids, interacting talk and playing with each other just like every other kid you see on Main St. The presents my friend had dropped off were plentiful and stacked in a corner over by the Christmas tree they had in the big room where everyone was. All eyes were on me from the kids and they were smiling huge smiles, whispering to each other and pointing to me. They were as excited as all get out and it did my heart good. I dropped my presents in the corner and wiped away a few tears as the kids all waved to me as I headed out the door.

I'll be back there again to help my fellow neighbors and the girls will be coming with me. That's a pretty important Christmas lesson for me.

Buckrub
12-24-2012, 12:43 PM
Felice Navidad, Brother.

BarryBobPosthole
12-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Good for you, Len! You did good.
BKB

Big Skyz
12-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Merry Christmas to the whole lot of ya.

Hey Len, I appreciate you sharing that. Made me pause in my thoughts and do a little self reflection. That is never a bad thing. Thank you.