PDA

View Full Version : Update

Captain
10-08-2016, 09:17 PM
My daughter and her husband are here as they live near Savannah and had to clear out.
We have had hard rain and heavy winds here all day. So far we have had 6" of rain and it's still coming down. Both ocean piers near Myrtle Beach are gone. Just heard from our Duck hunting club they are getting hammered right now and one of the pumps that keeps the corn fields from flooding is not working so we may loose all our bait, errr corn. 14 inches there and still pouring.
The wind has changed now and instead of blowing hard out of the east it is now coming from the west and MUCH calmer.
Glad my daughter came home, two have been killed in her county in Georgia and her home is still without power.
Neighbors at the SC farm called and everyone has been without power since 8 this morning. Much harder wind there too. Lots of trees down according to them. The problem is the trees still have all their leaves and it allows them to catch a lot of wind. I'll be headed down about 5 in the morning to check all fences and cows.
Not 6 weeks ago I had a whole home generator installed on that house also. So at least I know the well has been working all day.

Chicken Dinner
10-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Good luck tomorrow! I'm glad your family are safe.

BarryBobPosthole
10-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Y'all be safe out there, Larke.

BkB

Captain
10-09-2016, 07:52 AM
Just got down here. Trees down everywhere. Have not not even got to the barn or pastures. 7889789078917893

Chicken Dinner
10-09-2016, 09:01 AM
Shit. I wish I was closer and could get down there and give you a hand.

Captain
10-09-2016, 01:11 PM
I wish you were too, lots of trees on fence lines. And LOTS of chainsaw work to do.
Got all cows moved to safe pastures but I could sure use some hep'...
:D
Main highway to the farm closed from flooding and bridge washed out. The town close to the farm still has no power. The whole area is out. But my generator is humming right along.

Arty
10-09-2016, 05:34 PM
Man you gots some work to do! Wish I was closer.

We also got hammered pretty good. Weather guessers missed it bad.

They said two inches of rain and breezy.

We got 13 inches of rain with 50mph winds.

No power. Roads flooded. Neighborhood flooded. Spent half the day cleaning up my 1/8th acre.

Bwana
10-10-2016, 09:17 AM
Glad to hear none of your loved ones were hurt.

As for the cleanup, I suggest getting yourself a BIG bottle of ibuprofen.

Good luck and stay safe.

quercus alba
10-10-2016, 09:53 AM
What does fire wood sell for a cord down there?

Captain
10-10-2016, 09:58 PM
I have no clue about what firewood sells for, however I have an idea the bottom just fell out of the firewood market in the area...
I know if anyone wants any white oak, Maple or hickory I'll be glad to give them all they can cut AND load it for them with the tractor. I been on the backside of a chainsaw all day and all I've gotten done is cutting the trees off the fences in long 10 and 12 foot lengths and then picking them up with the 4 in 1 bucket on the tractor and piling them up behind the fences just to get them out of the way. I probably cut between 4 and 6 loads today and tossed it all.

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2016, 10:13 PM
You deserve a drink on the porch.

BKB