PDA

View Full Version : My Monday epiphany.....

Big Muddy
10-10-2016, 08:46 AM

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2016, 08:48 AM
Man I hope not!

BKb

Captain
10-10-2016, 08:57 AM
One thing I think we can all agree on.

LJ3
10-10-2016, 02:14 PM
I can totally see myself doing that.

quercus alba
10-10-2016, 02:56 PM
I can totally see myself flopping face down in the water while my light weight walker floats merrily down the stream

LJ3
10-10-2016, 02:57 PM
I can also totally see myself doing that, too :) hopefully I'll be able to crawl back to shore.

Nandy
10-10-2016, 05:40 PM
Actually, we have a guy in our fly fishing group that does that. He has a table on the top part to put stuff or even rest a little. He has been fishing with us for years and about 4 years ago his health turn out to the worst but he is still fishing. The guys with the large rafts that will float on thin water took him fishing the last day so he could cover more water. These guys are guides so he got the first rate service a paying customer will get but of course for free.

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2016, 05:45 PM
True story: An old friend of mine from the 80's and 90's was a hotshot young tournament fisherman back in the day. He always drove the fastest boats and went balls out e erywhere he went. One February Sunday morning on Keystone Lake he hit a mostly submerged log and ended up getting thrown out of his boat, no lifejacket on. He wasn't hurt bad, but he knew he had to get out of the water as it was probably 45 degrees or so. He survived to tell the tale and walked a couple of miles to a church. He said the part that almost killed him was getting onto the bank. The bank was fairly steep and solid mud and he couldn't get a purchase to haul himself out of the water. He said it took until he knew he only had a couple more tries.
BKB