PDA

View Full Version : No Joy in Mudville

Chicken Dinner
10-14-2016, 07:14 AM
I'm beginning to know how the fans of those Braves teams back in 90's must have felt. All-in-all a good season that exceeded preseason expectations, but it sure would be nice to make it out of the NLDS one if these years.

BarryBobPosthole
10-14-2016, 07:30 AM
I hate the Dodgers only a little less than I hate the Cubs.

As a baseball fan, Toronto is my team this year now that the Nats are gone, and thats only because I like Tulowitszi.

BKB

quercus alba
10-14-2016, 07:37 AM
How's the yanks doing in the playoffs?

Chicken Dinner
10-14-2016, 08:10 AM
I'm pulling for a Cubs v. Cleveland matchup. Not because I like either team. But, at least one team's fan base will have to STFU about how long it's been since they won a championship.

LJ3
10-14-2016, 09:07 AM
I don't follow base-a-ball as much as the die hards but that was a tough loss last night. Had some pretty damn exciting and tense moments, though. When they brought Kershaw out I was like "daaaaammmmnnnnn"!

Chicken Dinner
10-14-2016, 09:11 AM
Dusty's getting a lot of grief for either sending Scherzer back out for the 7th and/or pulling him after the first pitch homer. (Personally, I'd have left him in.) But, Dusty didn't go 1 for 11 with RISP. It was also Jason Werth, who I respect as a ball player, that struck out twice with a man on 3rd and one out - not Dusty.

LJ3
10-14-2016, 09:19 AM
Plenty of things to point to last night but ultimately it reflects on Dusty. The 3rd base coach that sent Werth home when he didn't have a chance in hell should be hung in the public square. That was embarrassing to watch. Having Werth on 3rd would have been a very good thing.

BarryBobPosthole
10-14-2016, 09:53 AM
Y'all can love up on Dusty Baker all you want. I'd prefer he stays out of circulation.

BKB