PDA

View Full Version : Invest in pork bellies.....

Big Muddy
10-15-2016, 02:48 PM
Arby's has got a winner....this sumbuck is awesome !!!

Arby's Smoked Pork Belly Sammich

johnboy
10-15-2016, 03:00 PM
I'd eat that.

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2016, 03:31 PM
I'd eat that.

Famous Donald Trump quote.......

BKb

airbud7
10-15-2016, 05:55 PM
Famous Donald Trump quote.......

BKb

No Barry....Grab em by the pussy is his quote.....

Edit: but yea....I'd grab that and eat it/ heck yea!

BarryBobPosthole
10-16-2016, 01:41 AM
Did I say Trump? I meant Thump!

BKB

Captain
10-16-2016, 07:24 AM
Did I say Trump? I meant Thump!

BKB

That's an understandable mistake. They do look a lot alike. ;)

Thumper
10-16-2016, 08:29 AM
What a bunch'a culinary misfits around this joint! I never could stomach Arby's in the first place ... the meat always tasted like thinly sliced, steamed, pressed beef! YUCK! I can't vouch for this new sammich and seriously doubt I'd ever try it in the first place. Heck, I live in the south and am surrounded by elebenty-bazillion REAL open-pit BBQ joints. What would be the point? Unless you're some GENUINE BBQ deprived Yankee who wouldn't know the difference between a pulled pork sammich and a Sloppy-Joe dished out of a Dairy Queen crock-pot. That said, I think Arby's would be at the very bottom of my bucket list for BBQ ... just one step above a McD's (formed and pressed from a "toothpaste-like" pork-parts slurry) McRib sammich.

And while I'm on my soapbox, what's with this trend these days with piling fries and/or onion rings on the burger? I was traveling a year or so ago and whipped into a Burger King for a quick bite to eat. I was at the drive-thru and the voice in the box asked if I wanted to try their new "French Fry Burger" (I thought she said french fries AND burger). I didn't even think about it, was in a hurry and just said "sure". (I figured it would be a burger with a giant order of fries or sumpin') They handed me a dang hamburger with a foot of fries and a burger patty stacked between the buns! WTF????

Youse dufes need some serious culinary training. In the meantime, I need to get back into some professional SD'ing. Vacation is now officially over for youse bozos around this joint so you'd better be on your toes. ;)

airbud7
10-16-2016, 09:37 AM
The Real BBQ is here in the Carolinas

Captain
10-16-2016, 10:29 AM
What a bunch'a culinary misfits around this joint! I never could stomach Arby's in the first place ... the meat always tasted like thinly sliced, steamed, pressed beef! YUCK! I can't vouch for this new sammich and seriously doubt I'd ever try it in the first place. Heck, I live in the south and am surrounded by elebenty-bazillion REAL open-pit BBQ joints. What would be the point? Unless you're some GENUINE BBQ deprived Yankee who wouldn't know the difference between a pulled pork sammich and a Sloppy-Joe dished out of a Dairy Queen crock-pot. That said, I think Arby's would be at the very bottom of my bucket list for BBQ ... just one step above a McD's (formed and pressed from a "toothpaste-like" pork-parts slurry) McRib sammich.

And while I'm on my soapbox, what's with this trend these days with piling fries and/or onion rings on the burger? I was traveling a year or so ago and whipped into a Burger King for a quick bite to eat. I was at the drive-thru and the voice in the box asked if I wanted to try their new "French Fry Burger" (I thought she said french fries AND burger). I didn't even think about it, was in a hurry and just said "sure". (I figured it would be a burger with a giant order of fries or sumpin') They handed me a dang hamburger with a foot of fries and a burger patty stacked between the buns! WTF????

Youse dufes need some serious culinary training. In the meantime, I need to get back into some professional SD'ing. Vacation is now officially over for youse bozos around this joint so you'd better be on your toes. ;)

This from a guy that eats hog snot and crap

Captain
10-16-2016, 10:30 AM
The Real BBQ is here in the Carolinas

Amen brother!
Since BBQ was born in the Carolina the rest is just playing catch-up

Thumper
10-16-2016, 12:32 PM
The problem with Carolina style is, it means different things to different people. Even Carolineans. To me, "Carolina Style" means vinegar based. But in the Western part of NC, it's tomato based and when you get to the very southern part (and into SC/Ga) it's mustard based (my least favorite). Throw in Memphis, KC and Texas, and it can get confusing. For the record, I like 'em ALL, but Memphis or KC are probably my favorites.

Oh, and to throw in even more controversy, ya' GOT'S ta' have slaw on yer sammich! (Thank you Memphis!) :)

johnboy
10-16-2016, 02:36 PM
I'd still eat that.

Thumper
10-16-2016, 03:07 PM
It's not really your fault Johnboy and I can totally understand. What would a Canuckian know about BBQ anyway? :D

johnboy
10-16-2016, 03:30 PM
I know what I like - not too sweet; not too vinegary; smokey; coleslaw on the side. Oh yeah, a nice cold beer to go with it. I'd eat that. :biggrin

BarryBobPosthole
10-16-2016, 06:07 PM
To be quite yonest, I've never met a barbeque region that I didn't like to some extent, Carolina style included.

Arkansas has a variation of the Carolina style with something I've always called and heard called an Arkansas Pig Sammich. Its pulled pork on a bun with a dollop of cole slaw and some semi-hot barbecue sauce on it.

Larrupin'!

BKB

Thumper
10-16-2016, 06:10 PM
To be honest P-hole, I agree whole-heartedly with your first sentence.

Captain
10-16-2016, 06:24 PM
Cole slaw on BBQ sandwiches BLASPHEMOUS I tell you...
y'all are uncouth

Thumper
10-16-2016, 07:23 PM
48 years ago, I'd have agreed with you Cappy. Shortly after moving to Memphis, I ordered a BBQ pork sammch for lunch and they served it to me with coleslaw ... ON the sammich! When I questioned it, they said I should have told them to hold the slaw. (I thought it would be on the side) I'd never heard of such a thing. I was kinda pissed because I was on my lunch break and didn't have time to order another one. After one bite, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I then learned, in Memphis, they put slaw on your sammich automatically unless you tell them not to. FYI, I've never eaten a BBQ sammich without slaw on it since the summer of '68! Depending on where I am, I may order slaw as a side and add it to the sammich (along with the sauce) before I eat it.

LJ3
10-16-2016, 07:31 PM
Arby's beef and cheddar has little prices of heaven cut up and served insid the sammich. Buncha morons!

BarryBobPosthole
10-16-2016, 08:13 PM
Arbys? seriuosly?

BKb

Thumper
10-16-2016, 08:14 PM
Arby's gags me.

Captain
10-16-2016, 08:54 PM
Arby's gags me.
Some of that nasty snot slimy crap you stuff in your pie hole, if you can swallow that crap Arby's would be mana from heaven.

Arty
10-16-2016, 09:25 PM
So you eat raw octopus. But a fried bacon sandwich is bad?

BarryBobPosthole
10-16-2016, 09:51 PM
One of the odd things that Iowegians eat are what they call loose meat sandwiches. There was a loose meat sandwich place called Maid Rite right next to our motel. Think sloppy joe without the sloppy.

Weird.

BKB

quercus alba
10-16-2016, 09:51 PM
I'm not a food snob, I'll eat just about anything. I think Arby's is the best sandwich on the market. Of course, I like octopus too.

BarryBobPosthole
10-16-2016, 09:54 PM
I like Arby's but they have a similar roast beef sammie place in Missouri called Lion's Choice that puts all the rest to shame. Honest injun.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-16-2016, 10:51 PM
If you want a roast beef sandwich, go to Chicago and get an Italian beef. Not sure what Larke is talking about be caused NC us where I learned to put Coke slaw on my barbecue sandwich. If course that was "down east" vinegar based BBQ.

DeputyDog
10-16-2016, 10:54 PM
One of the odd things that Iowegians eat are what they call loose meat sandwiches. There was a loose meat sandwich place called Maid Rite right next to our motel. Think sloppy joe without the sloppy.

Weird.

BKB

I remember Maid Rites well from when I was a kid and we would visit family friends in Iowa. They had them in Minnesota too when we used to go there fishing.

quercus alba
10-16-2016, 11:48 PM
cold slaw was created with fried fish and chicken in mind. Potato salad and baked beans are made for barbecue

Captain
10-17-2016, 04:44 AM
If you want a roast beef sandwich, go to Chicago and get an Italian beef. Not sure what Larke is talking about be caused NC us where I learned to put Coke slaw on my barbecue sandwich. If course that was "down east" vinegar based BBQ.

"Coke slaw", "be caused NC us where" and "If course";
I think you been in the "tea" tonight.
Remember Childern, drinking and posting may be harmful to you health!

Chicken Dinner
10-17-2016, 06:40 AM
Wow, I need to stay off the iPhone keyboard when I'm into the rye whiskey.

Thumper
10-17-2016, 08:06 AM
Let's just put it this way .... with my travels, I can pretty much say I've probably eaten BBQ of every style from every state in the country. I could probably be considered a BBQ connoisseur! Some are my personal favorites, others not so much, but as P-hole eluded to, I don't think I've ever met a BBQ sammich I didn't like. And, I'll start another argument, or maybe even touch off a small war of opinions ... many times, the sauce is what makes the sammich. This could easily morph into ribs and crank up the old sauce vs. dry rub controversy ... a whole 'nuther argument.

But, maybe we are arguing about apples and oranges anydamnway. This Arby's thing is technically a dang thick-cut bacon sammich that's been bastardized with BBQ sauce. WTF?

Chicken Dinner
10-17-2016, 08:27 AM
Technically, bacon is cured and then smoked and pork belly doesn't have to be. Not sure how Arby's does their sandwich. But, I wouldn't put screwing up something as awesome as pork belly. I'll let others explain to you why you're a BBQ Cossack. But, if you think the sauce makes he sandwich (and not the smoke and rub), I can't help you. Hell, you probably like Liquid Smoke in your food and sleep with cats...dde40

Thumper
10-17-2016, 09:04 AM
Opinions are like ass-holes. :)

As for liquid smoke, I don't think so. I have in un-written rule, if a BBQ joint ain't gots no smoke billowing out'ta the place, I don't stop.

BarryBobPosthole
10-17-2016, 09:17 AM
I used to say the same thing about chain bbq restaurants, but Billy Sims BBQ is probably the one we patonize the most when we're looking for fast food for dinner.
they have a baked potato salad that is really good too.

BKB

Thumper
10-17-2016, 09:51 AM
Yep, we have a local chain called "Sonny's" that's about as good as they get (they have an open pit). My favorite local go-to place is a mom & pop joint called Granger's. It's owned by a guy named Granger Noles, who coincidentally is a HUGE Florida Gators fan and caters at many of the Gators games. He does catch hell for his name though, especially at a Gators/'Noles game! ;) But, there's also a Sonny's about 10 mins. from here and I have no problem eating there even though it's a chain.

Captain
10-17-2016, 11:18 AM
As far as chains go I like Sunnys and Sticky Fingers!

BarryBobPosthole
10-17-2016, 11:21 AM

At least one of those is a Rolling Stones album.

And I like it too!

BKB

Big Muddy
10-17-2016, 01:55 PM

There's a few stores here that carry the Sticky Fingers BBQ sauce....good stuff !!!