PDA

View Full Version : Dick's are being dicks....

Big Muddy
10-18-2016, 04:39 PM
Dick's Sporting Goods has dropped ScentBlocker from their product line....ScentBlocker is one of their biggest selling garment lines....ScentBlocker began adding a gospel card, in with each garment....Dick's said a few folks got offended, so they asked ScentBlocker is cease the practice.

ScentBlocker refused, so they were dropped by Dick's....I'm not a Dick's customer, anyway, and I guess I never will be, now....screw 'em....and, cudo's to ScentBlocker for standing their ground.

Common sense dictates to me that if you don't want to read the card, just throw the day'um thing away.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/sporting-goods-store-drops-scentblocker-amid-controversy/

Nandy
10-18-2016, 04:51 PM
didnt Dicks also pulled all of their AR off the shelf after Sandy Hooks incident? This company has no spine...

Captain
10-18-2016, 04:52 PM
We are now the United States of the Offended.
It's OK to have a religion and consessions will be made for you and your beliefs as long as they are odd or weird. But have Christain beliefs and it is offensive and must be stopped.

Big Muddy
10-18-2016, 05:07 PM
I think you're right, Nandy....all because some idiots thought "AR" was the abbreviation for "automatic rifle", instead of "ArmaLite."

Thumper
10-18-2016, 08:41 PM
I think you're right, Nandy....all because some idiots thought "AR" was the abbreviation for "automatic rifle", instead of "ArmaLite."

I think they thought it stood for "assault rifle" if I remember correctly. Heck, I don't know ... I guess it works either way. Heck, I'm offended just writing this comment. :pissed

Nandy
10-18-2016, 08:47 PM
they are still dicks.....

DeputyDog
10-18-2016, 09:44 PM
We are now the United States of the Offended.
It's OK to have a religion and consessions will be made for you and your beliefs as long as they are odd or weird. But have Christain beliefs and it is offensive and must be stopped.

You can have Christian beliefs but now you have to leave them inside the church building and if you try to carry the practice of them over into every day life you are a bigot or intolerant.

airbud7
10-19-2016, 01:05 AM
they are still dicks.....

no there not.......there pussys.

LJ3
10-19-2016, 09:09 AM
This entire post offends me. I will not stand for these microagressions toward my beliefs, which change depending on who has pissed me off in the last 20 minutes. Look, this is simple people. Believe as I believe or I will scream about your intolerance from the mountain tops.

LJ3
10-19-2016, 09:10 AM
For the record, I would tell scentblocker to lose the religious crap or I'm dropping their line of clothing. You want to preach, go to friggin' Church.

BarryBobPosthole
10-19-2016, 09:14 AM
I've never set foot inside of a Dick's so I got no dog in this fight.

But the first thing I thought of when I read this was, "Well hell, now Hotshot is going to have to go back to his army surplus chemical suit."

But I'm twisted that way.

BKb

Big Muddy
10-19-2016, 09:20 AM
For the record, I would tell scentblocker to lose the religious crap or I'm dropping their line of clothing. .

For the record, that's exactly what happened....no pun intended, but "the ball's in Dick's court." ;)

Chicken Dinner
10-19-2016, 09:43 AM
"My hypocrisy knows no bounds."

LJ3
10-19-2016, 09:44 AM
I go to Richards about 10 times a year for stuff. Camping and fishing mostly. And I don't want someone ramming their religion down my throat when I do.

How would you react if it was Torah verses in the pocket? How about Quran? Would you still just wanna throw the card way and go on your merry way?

Chicken Dinner
10-19-2016, 09:48 AM
Dick's is pretty much the only game in town around here. That'll change this winter when the Cabelas/BPS opens in Gainesville.

LJ3
10-19-2016, 09:56 AM
Dick's is pretty much the only game in town around here. That'll change this winter when the Cabelas/BPS opens in Gainesville.

Once that bad boy opens, I will no longer visit Dick.

Thumper
10-19-2016, 10:13 AM
How would you react if it was Torah verses in the pocket? How about Quran? Would you still just wanna throw the card way and go on your merry way?

Ha ha ha! A score for Ticboy. ;)

:GH Shit Disturber

DeputyDog
10-19-2016, 10:56 AM
I go to Richards about 10 times a year for stuff. Camping and fishing mostly. And I don't want someone ramming their religion down my throat when I do.

Yeah I would.

Nandy
10-19-2016, 06:48 PM
Honestly, I will toss the card out and if I were so offended (as I have been of other things) I would not buy their products but would not start a movement or try to prevent others to get their products. I seldom visit dicks and dont use scent blocker...