PDA

View Full Version : The Generals Have Spoken/My Prediction

BarryBobPosthole
10-19-2016, 08:04 AM
The old retired generals on the major news outlets have unanimously spoken about the attack on Mosul, saying it will take 'months'. I don't claim to know more than the old retired generals but I do know that they haven't been right yet about this kind of stuff. And I also know nobody ever brings up these guy's track records on what they say.
Well, nobody except me.

I say they'll be done but for the mopping up in a couple weeks.

BKB

Captain
10-19-2016, 08:26 AM
What's this another war Bush is getting us into??? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-19-2016, 08:31 AM
Its the last ISIS stronghold in Iraq. They just started bombing and shelling the dookey out of it a day or two ago.
It is bizarre. ISIS' main weapon seems to be suicide bombers racing towards the enemy in small cars. Kind of reminds me in a strange way of the stories my uncle told me of being aboard ship at Okinawa in WWII. He said the kamikaze planes scared him to death.

The beginning of the end for those ISIS fuckers in Iraq. But this will push them underground for sure. Not sure which is worse.

BKB

Captain
10-19-2016, 08:39 AM
There is gonna be more citizens killed that ISIS. They are using the citizens for shields.
But that is war...

BarryBobPosthole
10-19-2016, 08:47 AM
There doesn't appear to be an outlet thistime for the ISIS people to use to escape. It'll be interesting to see what they do with any they capture. And they might capture a bunch of them. Military prisons are hardly ever a good idea either.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-19-2016, 08:49 AM
I lost a Great Uncle to a kamikaze pilot in WWII. Direct hit to his gun crew. While I never knew him his son was basically "adopted" by my Grandmother and was like a brother to my Dad. I know it's a simplification, but the only reason Iraq was every a country at all was that a bunch of diverse ethnic and religious peoples were forced into it by a series of strongmen dictators. Trying to turn it into a western style democracy and keep it united is an exercise in futility.

BarryBobPosthole
10-19-2016, 09:11 AM
The country Formerly Known As Mesopotamia, or as my high school football coach/World History teacher called it 'that purple country'.

BKB

Big Muddy
10-19-2016, 09:32 AM
This is my mantra...."GTFOTME"....Get The F**K Outta The Middle East !!!!!....don't send any more soldiers, guns, money, bread, milk, ammo, nothing over there....unless somebody f**ks with Israel, then we need to support them, and them only.

Chicken Dinner
10-19-2016, 09:44 AM
The country Formerly Known As Mesopotamia, or as my high school football coach/World History teacher called it 'that purple country'.

BKB

Well, they're all going to fuck with Israel. My question is what strategic interest does protecting Israel serve?

Chicken Dinner
10-19-2016, 09:46 AM

BKB

Or, as the B-52's sang, "There's a lot of ruins in Mesopotamia!" They could take a flame thrower to the whole damn place as far as I'm concerned. Other than the oil (and the US is now oil independent), it's not worth a bucket of warm spit.

LJ3
10-19-2016, 09:58 AM
The more years under my belt, the more I give not a single fuck about the middle east in general. including Israel. They are not without fault.

Thumper
10-19-2016, 10:08 AM
I don't claim to know more than the old retired generals but I do know that they haven't been right yet about this kind of stuff. BKB

No problem Posty ... Trump has you covered. :D

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W-Mjy9ETtRY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chicken Dinner
10-19-2016, 10:49 AM
The more years under my belt, the more I give not a single fuck about the middle east in general. including Israel. They are not without fault.

Ha!

LJ3
10-19-2016, 11:14 AM
I swear I didn't create that meme!