PDA

View Full Version : Welp..

HideHunter
10-22-2016, 10:20 PM
we are half-way though our 200 mile loop.. This has been the most miserable harvest since I started running a combine some 15? years ago (even then, I thought I was "retired") After we close up the acres "close" to home, we begin our "circle". Some years we take both corn and bean heads and close as we go. This year, (crazy, *freaking* (little help? ;) )) beans.. absolutely tougher than sour owl shit (there, I helped myself) - We've been cutting as they made themselves available. When we left on our "quest" first of the week - we had app 1000 acres.. *finished them up- today*. Now, we'll start backwards finishing up a 1000 acres of corn. My mantra.. "I've been though worse.) ;)

Barry, (the way things have been going) I'll meet you for that lunch abut he second week of November? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-22-2016, 10:23 PM
Halfway will be a might farther now though!

BkB

HideHunter
10-22-2016, 10:47 PM
lol.. Actually, a bit "less".. A few "farther" farms were beans only.. We can skip a few on the way back. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-23-2016, 12:29 AM
I gotta tell you, that part of the country is really something. They like to eat like we like to eat. But can't do but once in a while. And they were busy as bees doing what you've been doing and in all hours of the day and night.

BKB