PDA

View Full Version : Looks like ForumRunner is tanked

Captain
10-25-2016, 07:30 AM
Every since I updated to ios10 ForumRunner has not worked for posting. Sitting in the stand this morning I searched and it appears it is not being updated and supported any longer.
Man I hate that. This posting from Sarfi sucks on this little phone.
If anyone finds another forum app let me know.

quercus alba
10-25-2016, 07:51 AM
Yeah, would like to get my hands around the neck of the mastermind behind that upgrade. It benefits maybe one percent of the population and is a pain in the neck for the rest of us nongeeks.

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2016, 08:06 AM
Test

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2016, 08:09 AM
Works for me and I'm running iOS 10.1. I have been having trouble with links in Forumrunner and figured it was my phone. "Tapatalk" is the option they use on the VA site I follow. Forumrunner seems like a better interface. But, if it doesn't work, it's a moot point.

Go take it out on some poor innocent nanny-goat.

Captain
10-25-2016, 08:26 AM
I'm running 10.0.2
A quick search makes it sound like anyone with the new OS is not able to post...
That sucks.
Bucks are chasing does now. Seen 3 waking with does yesterday and one this morning. I wanted to let the air out of the buck this morning but it was still dark and even though he was less than 10 yards I could not get enough light in the crossbow scope to get the job done. Had to settle and just watch him walk off. I figure he can have today and I'll have tomorrow.

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2016, 08:37 AM
I'm starting to feel about the SOB's at Apple like I do about Bill Gates. One thing is for sure, I won't buy the iPhone7.

BarryBobPosthole
10-25-2016, 08:42 AM
Mine is the 5 and I come up for an upgrade in December. I'm thinking I will stick with the 5 and just up my capacity to 64g. The one i have is 16g and its worthless as tits on a boar hog. I am constantly 'cleaning it up' to make more space.

BKB

Captain
10-25-2016, 08:42 AM
Lol. Funny you should mention that. I'm getting the 7plus... my 5S is getting old.
But I've got to buy it outright or loose the unlimited plan I'm on:-(
Looks like between 7 and 8 hundred.. that's insane.

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2016, 09:23 AM
I think you're basically paying that on the new plans anyway and spreading it out over the life of the contract. The insurance is next to worthless as well as the deductibles are $2-300 on a newer model.

BarryBobPosthole
10-25-2016, 09:30 AM
I normally don't replace a mobile phone until it stops working. This one thouh, and its my fault, is like putting a four cylinder engine in a truck. Worthless.

BKB

Arty
10-25-2016, 09:37 AM
Yep forum runner is done. And that blows!
Especially for posting a pic. PITA on a phone

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2016, 09:38 AM
Check out Tapatalk. Can definitely post pics.

BarryBobPosthole
10-25-2016, 09:59 AM
I used to use tapatalk on several forums I posted on. Its very similar to forum runner or at least it was three or four years ago.

Nandy, I saw a release recently on some sort of upgrade from Vbulletin. I didn't do anything but scan it but didn't it have a mobile upgrade in it?

BKB

Arty
10-25-2016, 10:57 AM
I just installed tapatalk and could not find our forum. Is there a secret?

LJ3
10-25-2016, 11:25 AM
yes. it don't work with spandex.

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2016, 11:51 AM
I don't think our forum is on tapatalk. Not sure how the two get linked up. I will say tapatalk, at least the version I've used, has ads. That doesn't really bother me, but I wanted to mention it.

Nandy
10-25-2016, 04:03 PM
As long as I can remember tapatalk has to be supported by the forum for it to be able to work. Also, there is some fees associated with it but I cant recall if it is paid by the host of the clients. I might try an upgrade today if we dont get too tied up at work but that will not help those with ios. I can look into tapatalk and see what I can figure out. In the mean time you will have to post using safari or get you a phone with a real OS like android...:smash

Nandy
10-26-2016, 07:27 PM
upgrade did not happen last night, It was full day at work. Looked into tapatalk, they have 4 tiers:
Tier
1 Free
2 $5 monthly
3 $10 monthly
4 $40 monthly
tier 3 and 4 does not offer anything that I see attractive to warrant the fee's. we could start with the free and if everyone things is the way to go then the update to tier 2 can be done. The difference is that the free tapatalk is running the tapatalk users will see watermarks on the images, when you post it adds a signature of "input with tapatalk" or something on that line and I believe it also adds a tapatalk banner on thos post. The tier 2 option gets rids of those above 3. The other tiers allow you more control over the client app, you can even have it branded with GoodHunting instead of tapatalk but I dont see the reason for that since we are not a commercial site...
So I say lets go for the free version, trial for a few weeks then the group decide.
Not sure when I can get to it, but I think it will be under a week...

airbud7
10-26-2016, 07:38 PM
Just get a real phone

http://www.samsung.com/us/explore/galaxy-s7-features-and-specs/dist/assets/img/module9/desktop/android.jpg

Captain
10-26-2016, 07:49 PM
Very nice Nandy!
Maybe Thumper will give you a raise. :-)

Captain
10-26-2016, 07:50 PM
No thanks AirBud. I can't afford the fire insurance you need with those phones.

BarryBobPosthole
10-26-2016, 07:56 PM
Those phones will burn your balls like a zippo lighter if you put them in your pocket.

Maybe worse.

BKB

Thumper
10-27-2016, 09:42 AM
YEAH!!! The FREE version. Yeah, that's good! I mean, the G/H kitty is kinda low these days ... well, make that EMPTY. I just returned from a Mediterranean cruise ya' know? Those things don't come cheap. If you want the fancy version of Tapatalk, I accept PayPal. :thumbsup