PDA

View Full Version : It's a sad day....

johnboy
11-01-2016, 03:29 PM
... for my pup. Dropped him off at the vets this morning to have his dangly bits removed. It may seem strange but I feel like a traitor to males in general and him in particular. In fact, my wife thinks I'm a little obsessive about it but the thought still gives me the willies. It's his second b'day coming up so it's not much of a birthday present, I guess.

We've had a couple of other large male dogs and all kept their man parts but this guy is just so over the top that I felt I needed to slow him down just a tech. We'll see how that goes in a month or so when all the testosterone has left. Still makes me sad.

Thumper
11-01-2016, 03:38 PM
If I were him ... I'd never forgive you! :angry1 :pissed

(sorry, I just couldn't let this slide ... it begs for a bit of SD'ing) ;)

johnboy
11-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I figured this would fit right in with all the Weener stuff.

airbud7
11-01-2016, 03:59 PM
What!!! You cut his nuts off?....dat aint right I tell ya.....

Big Muddy
11-01-2016, 04:45 PM
Well, I'm right there with ya, JBoy....our little outside guard dog, which came from the dog pound years ago, lost her battle with the heart worms, a few days ago....we went straight to the pound, and the wife picked out another one, which is fitting right in here....this one is a little male, and he's scheduled for de-nutting, next week.

I really hate doing it to the little fella, but the nuts have gotta go. ;)

johnboy
11-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Heart worms. Man, that is one nasty critter! Sorry for your pooch. One suggestion re de-nutting - if you can, wait for them to reach their full growth before doing the deed. Males especially need those hormones to finish off bone/joint growth and a few other things. Will make a health difference later in life, I'm told.

Big Muddy
11-01-2016, 06:48 PM
Yep, you are correct about the joint growth and bone structure....he's almost 2 years old, so he's good to go.

As far as the heart worms, we sorta inherited that pound pup from my son, when he moved to the city....the dog already had heart worms, when we got the dog....otherwise, I would have had the dog treated, before it came into my possession.

johnboy
11-01-2016, 08:37 PM
I have my dogs treated for heartworm before we visit back east. No problem here but they do have it back in Manitoba and that scares the crap outa me. Saw some pics once of an infected dog heart and that is just nasty. Like The Strain!

LJ3
11-01-2016, 08:54 PM
Given his behaviour (see what I did there?) issues you did the thing with the snipping. It's never a good time when a male of any species plays a role in the nut removal of another male :)

BarryBobPosthole
11-01-2016, 09:05 PM
We always had german sheperds as farm dogs and they were always males. They would go off on pussy posses for days at a time unless they were cut. It cost one of them his life We had a neighbor that poisoned dogs pretty regular. He claimed dogs killed his calves which was pure bullshit.

BKB